FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I had a Visual Basic 6.0 test Today

Author Topic: I had a Visual Basic 6.0 test Today
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Aaaaaaaand voila! I belive I gotten 100% unless I did something stupid.... again...

I was to make 2 applications, one was a burger menu.

Where I had to: Make it so that I could scroll up and down for the quantity of food being bought, and a check box for each food type that would make the vertical scroll visible.

I also had 4 options to determine the delivery amount, where I picked one out of 4 (they were within a frame) and the Delivery caption box displayed the amount due for delivery.

I had a quit button, a calc button where I calculated the totals of taxes and the total amount of food orders + delivery.

And finally a clear button where everything was set to their default values; 0 or "".

The second one was meant to calculate the present and future values of my lottery prize. Nothing fancy just 2 horizontal scroll bars for interest rate and years.

I had a text box to enter in the amount of money earned and 2 label's where the caption was the final calculated future and present value.

I had menu buttons, which changed the background, calcuated future and/or present value, exit the program, or clear present and/or future values or clear all.

The first test was easy I knew how to do everything. the second test tested me for I forgot things.

A) I forgot how to get a cmd button to print out the form + the code.

B) I forgot how to open the menu editor

C) for some reason the pseudo code for FV and PV didn't work.

After clicking random buttons the program crashed so I lost everything I did for the second part of the exam!!! [Eek!]

I redid everything for it and then after saving it found the bloody menu editor button and then made my menu.

And after that I figured out that if I click on the menu botton on the form (say I click on "file" and then click on the exit button I made) I could write code into it. Thus after alot of copy and pasting (for I made command buttons as per instuctions) I had all my menu buttons completed.

Also I opened up cmdPrint and experimented by writing frmExam2.printform and voila! it worked!!!

Next I retyped in the code and tested it and it also worked!!! [Mad]

Why didn't the bloody code work before?? Argh! Anger + Spiteful @ VB 6.0

But since I did everything as per requested and the little font and format specifications I do so believe I got perfect on it.

Am I a genius or what? [Wink]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

No congratuations on a test well done? Are there no VB users on Hatrack? [Eek!]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.