FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I feel sick

Author Topic: I feel sick
Sid Meier
Member # 6965

- posted      Profile for Sid Meier   Email Sid Meier         Edit/Delete Post 
The back of my throat is kinda sour like I got a big blob of... mucas stuck in the back and swallowing doesn't help. I'm also feeling lethargic and kinda pale.

Also my stomac seems to be acting up on my feeling hungry when its full and full whens its hungry.

Posts: 1567 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
that's what happens when you spend all your time online
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't assume that it's "normal," actually. There ARE a lot of viruses and colds around, and we know you're under a lot of emotional stress (which only makes everything worse.) Have you been drinking enough water and getting sun?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Psh. Sun. When I go out into the sun, I burst into flames.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, I think you should go back to the last thread you started under your real name (just a few days ago) and read starLisa's question to you. You never answered it, but I think she's onto something.

If you don't have an answer for it, you need to think long and hard about why that is.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Weren't you ALSO just recently complaining about being on the verge of death, pH?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I was Sid Meier to post about my family problems to avoid certain... problems.

But I forgot to log our and log back in.

And how am I talking at people? I have certain symptons that I'm concerned over and other people have done so in the past.

As for not anwsering her i had already saw Rakeesh's responce before her's so thus when i saw her's I already corrected myself I don't see how in anyway I have any sort of contempt.

And I also have cough's/sneezes (both of em).

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Make yourself some tea with honey and lemon, and prepare to feel crappy for a week.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Humidifier. Mucinex.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I don't have a humidifer and whats a mucinex?
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Weren't you ALSO just recently complaining about being on the verge of death, pH?

Yeah, but the sun's not going to cure that. The mold doesn't care if I'm in the sun or not. [Razz] Although I suppose if I were to combust, the heat would destroy some of the mold spores...

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! I'm sick too! Let's start a club.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The mold doesn't care if I'm in the sun or not. [Razz] Although I suppose if I were to combust, the heat would destroy some of the mold spores...

I thought sunlight was the only thing that destroyed mold. That's what they always say on Car Talk, anyway.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:

I KNEW IT!
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Poor Blayne! You've got a cold. Do you have access to kleenex and chicken soup? You could probably benefit from both. Get rest, and feel better.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:

And I also have cough's/sneezes (both of em).

Gesundheit!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

is that the german or is there a yiddish version of g-d bless you?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by pH:

I also can't stand the sunshine! Are you vampire? Or, like me, do you have lupus? Are you an albino?

Can we be Shvesters/Sisters of the Darkness together?

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, the same word is used in both, I believe.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
is that the german or is there a yiddish version of g-d bless you?

I guess it is German, but Yiddish-y people say it, too.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Ah I see.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'd [Kiss] , but I don't want to catch whatever pathogens you're breeding. So I'll just [Wave] instead.

Try to get some extra [Sleep] . And if your head starts to [Wall Bash] , have some Tylenol.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I don't like drugs with the exception of anti biotics and pain killers (if you take one too many playing games become... "woah". And I dont think we have tylenol :/

But ya if you get my pathogens and you resist it I can garantee you can survive a nuclear halocaust. I've been sick on and off for 8 years I have a highly sophistocated immune system.

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Egads, now I feel quesy and I now have a headache.
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Poor Blayne.

I'm a home care nurse. Today my agency got a call from someone who wanted to hire a nurse to come to their house because the whole family had the flu. Mom and Dad and three children. "And we all had our flu shots, too, but we all got sick anyway. And it is really contagious -- once my husband came home with it, we all caught it right away."

My colleague and I looked at each other, pointed to each other and said in unison "YOU go!"

TL
Member # 8124

- posted      Profile for TL   Email TL         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear hatrack,

I'm frightened and confused. I'm feeling something I've never felt before. Something for which I, god help me, just have absolutely no frame of reference. It seems that there is a runny liquid coming out of my nose. When I look in the mirror my eyes look tired and red. And... Okay, this is really *odd*! You might not even believe this....

But, okay, here goes --

My muscles feel a little achey.

What's wrong with me? Honestly, what's wrong with me? Please don't pull any punches; I'm in a panic but I need to know the truth. Am I turning into something for which the world is not prepared? A monster? I don't want to be a monster.

Help me hatrack.

Posts: 2267 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I feel the same every morning! But it is allergies combined with not stretching out enough after I exercize--so I am achey with a runny nose too! So if you are a monster I'm one too--at least for now while it is still morning!
Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I can barely more now, took a massive effort to get to ym computer.
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, get a humidifier. Mucinex is an over the counter medicine - walgreens even has a generic - that will thin out the junk and make it easier to get rid of.
Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
I can barely more now, took a massive effort to get to ym computer.

I'm sure it was worth it, though.

You know what I was thinking, seeing as this thread came hard on the heels of your Are my parents insane? thread? Perhaps the conflict with your parents was exacerbated by a prodromal irritability. If you are too sick or lazy to look that up, it means you were cranky because you were starting to come down with something. In any event, and for the sake of peace in your family, that's what I would plead, if I were in your place.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

quote:
Originally posted by TL:
It seems that there is a runny liquid coming out of my nose. When I look in the mirror my eyes look tired and red. And...
My muscles feel a little achey.

You poor dear. You have a cold. Don't worry, I hear they are common.

Your chicken soup is in the mail.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I think maybe his brain is melting.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I was only able to use comp to post recent message, my brain hurst.
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
I don't like drugs with the exception of anti biotics and pain killers (if you take one too many playing games become... "woah". And I dont think we have tylenol :/

But ya if you get my pathogens and you resist it I can garantee you can survive a nuclear halocaust. I've been sick on and off for 8 years I have a highly sophistocated immune system.

I fail to see the purpose of ruling out decongestants, antihistamines, and cough suppressants if you have no problem with antibiotics or painkillers.

-pH

Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I dont have any here. either way.
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

What's odd is my new burst of flatulance, I can't help but fart for some reasion, i farted about.... 167 times in one day. I don't understand does being sick involve a much higher methane production?

[ February 26, 2006, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Blayne Bradley ]

Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
"What's odd is my new burst of fratulance"

Blayne, I know you're into the whole Asian thing, but please don't start confusing r's and l's. [Wink]

Feel better!

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

whoops, my fingers aren't working right today.

Now, now I'm pretty sure its only the Japanese and possibly Koreans who can't pronounce "l's".

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.