FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So hey, how are you doing?

Author Topic: So hey, how are you doing?
Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing fine, thank you. A bit stressed at the moment, and angry that I don't have the kind of control over my life that I'd like to have. It will change, though. Can't really do anything more than I'm doing at the moment.

How are you doing?

Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little stressed because I'm going in for a dental procedure in about a half hour that's probably going to hurt a bit. Maybe even a lot. I have a bunch of pudding snacks and applesauce and stuff, and even some prescription pain meds, but I still think I'm gonna have an unpleasant weekend.

Maybe I can get some knitting done this weekend, though.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm about to strangle my partner in a group project that's due in about forty-five minutes! [Smile]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I got two essay mid-terms tomorrow for my Ancient Philosophy and Philosophy of Religion classes.

The outlines for AP are done but I haven't started the one for PoR despite it being scheduled at 8am.

But no worries cause I get to go home for break tomorrow. Assuming I find time to do the dishes so they don't rot over the weekend. haha.

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying not to get too excited about a position hubby interviewed for yesterday and another he's interviewing for tomorrow. He really needs a new job and I really need him to have a new job. I'm trying not to pin my hopes on this one, in the event it doesn't work out, but it's really hard.

I'm annoyed at myself for doing things I shouldn't and not doing things I should.

I'm happy my new medication is not making me sick like my previous medication did. I'm happy my ringworm is pretty much gone. I'm annoyed one of our kitties keeps peeing on everything. I'm tired and bursting at the seams all at the same time.

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm trying not to have a mental breakdown.

I'm tired of talking to doctors and lawyers, tired of spending the night at hospitals, tired, tired, tired.

Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
Annoyed.

I've just learned that I know Holden Caulfield.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been home all week with one sick girl, two wiry healthy boys, and a collection of Godzilla movies. I am so very glad I'm getting out Friday evening.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I am a bit paranoid
But happy that I get to see Dir en grey next month...
I also really should go out and buy greens for Bernie but it's RAINING and it's COLD and I'll get SICK.
ARRRRRG.
So I have to wait until tomorrow.
I also want warm squishy chocolate chip cookies.
I am also so madly and hopelessly in love it's driving me insane.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy because my four tests this week are finally over.

Stressed because I'm conducting my first job search (for an internship) and don't have the faintest clue what I'm doing.

Upset because I'm aparently awful at reading professor's cues as to whether they want a conversation to end or not.

Excited because I'm introducing two friends to Buffy tomorrow night but...

Worried that it'll get called off or they'll hate it.

And that about covers it.

Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a mild headache, but I'm relieved to have finished a successful (sort of) day of teaching. I get to go see my nephews in about an hour and that will be exhausting and fun at the same time. After that, it's chocolate and my fuzzy red blanket with a bit of Wuthering Heights thrown in there. Looking forward to that and the fact that it's Friday tomorrow. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mirrored Shades
Member # 8957

- posted      Profile for Mirrored Shades           Edit/Delete Post 
Sick, achy, cold, and mean.

Grr.

Posts: 36 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a mix of stress and excitment. My older sister wants to have a sister hang-out weekend and is going to drive up here tomorrow to pick me up. She's also going to take me car shopping on Saturday!!! [Big Grin] However, before I go I have to study for and take a difficult test and I should start working on and studying for the two papers and two tests I have due next week. [Frown]

(((Everyone who's sick or otherwise not doing too well.)))

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Psyched up for my debate tournament tomorrow, yet at the same time anxious because of the pile of work I'll have to make up.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

You know, I wrote about 96% of that project.

At least it's good. And turned in.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

My lower jaw is about half and half numb and not right now. No major pain yet, but I did take ibuprofen a while ago. I'm hungry and want something more substantial for lunch than pudding, but I'll wait to see how I feel after the tingling goes away.

I seriously hate having dental work, but the local anesthetics used today are soooo much better than the ones they used back in the day. I remember being numb for HOURS back then.

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
I work 4 tens. So today is friday, and its over.
Yey

Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Oh, and my boyfriend is stil out-of-state even though he was supposed to come back today. [Mad]

On the plus side, this gives me more time to finish putting together my surprise for his return.

-pH

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
(((((THT)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Paul Mosher
Member # 9174

- posted      Profile for Jon Paul Mosher   Email Jon Paul Mosher         Edit/Delete Post 
A little angry cause where I live nobody knows how to got the speed limit and slows me down from getting home from work by twenty minutes. they all go fifteen under.
Posts: 18 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little frustrated about preparing one of my minor fields for my canadacy exams, I need to work on it, but I'm unsure of what to do towards becoming more prepared.

I also seem to have developed a headache, which I think is affecting my spelling and depth perception.

Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Fine, thank you.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Everytime I read this thread title, I hear Joey from Friends, "hey, how you doin?"

In answer, I'm doing well since I'm on my way to bed. I'm exhausted from being up every 25 minutes or so last night with my little guy who had the stomach flu. Here's hoping for a full night's sleep (and a healthier little guy of course!)

Good night

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Worried because I have two major exams on the morrow, and I need to do very well. I haven't studied enough but I'm not sure how to go about studying more. I wish my professors gave us access to more practice exams. And I'm glad they both let us see at least one.

Also worried because I'm hanging out with my best friend tomorrow for the first time in over a month, despite the fact that we go to the same university. I need to figure out how to let her know how she wasn't there for me. I'm not too sure how exactly it happened but it did. That makes me nervous.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm tired, a bit sick, excited, and stressed.

I'm finally getting over the flu, which is great, because I have Ethics Bowl Nationals in less than a week. Thus the stresed out part - my entire weekend is going to be owned by Ethics Bowl prep. But, nationals is in Jacksonville, Florida, and the hotel we're at has a heated pool on the roof, so even if we lose the competition, we still win!

And I just got two awesomely cute bags for the price of one on www.etsy.com! So that's made my day. [Smile]

Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Exhausted and bloody glad its Friday. I have an 8 am class I have to get up for (luckily a fairly short day has been promised for tomorrow). I still have homework in the works, physics homework namely, due at said 8 am class.

But I'm good otherwise.

*big hug* to everyone not doing so well.

(((THT))) No breakdowns, breakdowns bad. [Frown]

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm mildly concerned that I have a hundred pages of constitutional law cases to read and class tomorrow morning that my professor conducts by Socratic method.

But I'm obviously not concerned enough to start it, so I won't complain.

It would seem, then, that I'm doing quite excellently.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nellie Bly
Member # 9129

- posted      Profile for Nellie Bly   Email Nellie Bly         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a little depressed because Sasha Cohen lost herself the gold medal in figure skating by missing her first two jumps.
Posts: 97 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm happy that brazilian Carnaval starts tomorrow. I'm getting ready for P A R T Y for four days! :-)
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My back and neck hurt so badly that I can't sleep. [Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

Hang in there. Both Bridget and Mom!

As for me - I'm feeling ok. My husband gets back from Sydney tomorrow night, at which point I will feel better.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Much better today. The sun is shining, and Livvie is drinking Gatorade, if not really eating.

Plus, we just got Pirates of the Caribbean from the library.

AND, I finished the sleeves on her sweater. I just need to do the back, sew, and trim now.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a headache and am dizzy. Possibly from the acetone fumes coming down from upstairs. [Mad]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm all right. Just all right, but not bad.

I had a conversation with grandmother that I didn't want to have, and I think it went okay.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Woo hoo! Little guy is better and the weekend starts any minute now...(okay in 90 but who's counting?)
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
The chicken soup is simmering gently on the stove, the cholent is in the pot, the fish is gefilted, the challah is speckled with poppy seeds and out of the oven, the cake is frosted, the salad is made...

and I'm tired!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

When's supper, Tante?
maui babe
Member # 1894

Thinking about heading out to lunch. My mouth is moderately tender, but it's tolerable. I think I might be ready for something more substantial than pudding, although I did make some pasta last night that was good.

I'm very glad it's Friday. A friend of mine is over to my house tonight with her two daughters while her husband and sons host a scout campout on their property. I'm gonna pick up a pizza on the way home and we'll have a fun girls' night.

Of course, every night is girls' night at my house, but tonight there'll be 6 instead of 3 of us.

Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm doing alright. The week is over, plus the huge fight I had with my best friend is done. I'm still tired, however, and my heart is still pounding all the time. I made an appointment today, but the appointment's not for another month, which means another month of not being able to sleep.

((((THT)))) If you need to talk, my AIM sn is the same as my Hatrack sn. So, IM me anytime. I'm always here to talk, and I know a little of what you're going through.

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

((Evie)) I have a warm spot in my heart for you, and I'm sure you know why. Bless you.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.