FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Creative Endeavors - You, too, can be Shameless Self-Promotion

Author Topic: Creative Endeavors - You, too, can be Shameless Self-Promotion
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I started painting for fun and to have a creative outlet other than writing a few years ago. Most of the early stuff is embarrassing, and most of the current stuff is sadly half-finished, but I have managed to finish a few that I don't dislike.

You can see them here.

I know there are some talented people out there. Does anyone else paint? Have links to artwork that they've done?

Hmm...I can't get the link to work.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
"You, too, can be Shameless Self-Promotion"

Is that a legal name change? [Razz]

There's a verb in there, but I have a feeling it's not quite the right one to go with that form...

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You need a ] in there.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Shameless Self-Promotion is a more of an identity than a nounification of a verb. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
you need a ] before the You.

or what kq said [Razz]

great pics btw [Smile]

I tried, but I only managed one simple painting that I like.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

quote:
Shameless Self-Promotion is a more of an identity than a nounification of a verb.
*giggles* Whatever you say, dear.
katharina
Member # 827

Kama, do you have it online? I'd love to see it. [Smile]

KQ - it's true! He's around here somewhere, I think. [Smile]

Kama
Member # 3022

no, but i can take a pic tomorrow when there is enough light [Smile]

It's really simple but I just like it [Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I like the yellow flowers one. [Smile]

The one of your ceiling is nice in and of itself, but since I've seen your ceiling, not as impressive. (Sorry! I still like it.)

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Maybe I can dig out pictures of some of the dresses and purses and such I've made. Of course, I haven't even set up my sewing machine since we moved here...

Oh, and I have no idea where said pictures are. [Blushing]

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! You have definite flair. The spirit of a fine artist. I am impressed!
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
katharina, I really like the composition and execution of "yellow flowers" in particular. The balance is just great. I've been meaning to mention that ever since I found out you painted the image.
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

Here it is. not to good photoof it, but you can see the general idea [Razz]
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh. Me likey. That's to both artists. [Smile]

What kind of paint do you use?

I made one painting attempt several years ago based on a photo I took at Starved Rock State Park. It came out pretty well, considering that I had no idea what I was doing. I don't have a pic of it though, and the painting and photo are at my parents' house, along with a few artsy-craftsy finished projects. I'll have to remember to retrieve them sometime.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I love them! (also to both [Smile] )
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure, why not...
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the yellow flowers one too. For me, it's the texture of the background and the flower color choices. Lovely.
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shameless Self-Promotion
Member # 4919

- posted      Profile for Shameless Self-Promotion   Email Shameless Self-Promotion         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by ketchupqueen:
quote:
Shameless Self-Promotion is a more of an identity than a nounification of a verb.
*giggles* Whatever you say, dear.
Oh, ouch. She doesn't even believe I exist.

At least SOMEone around here appreciates me. *waves to katharina*

Posts: 45 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dick Button
Member # 9197

- posted      Profile for Dick Button   Email Dick Button         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Oh! Look at that heart on her sleeve!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Those are really nice

Hey would it be OK if I printed out "Seflf" with the books, castle, and rainbow for my son? He would LOVE it.

(feel free to say no. I can always show it to him online when he gets back from his father's)

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I've done some stuff here and there.

It's not very good but I try.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not so fond of the last one, but I'm really impressed with the faux aging techniques you used in the second! Great color in the first, too. You show some promise, if you keep working at it, maybe take a couple fo classes. [Smile] Good luck!
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mimsies
Member # 7418

- posted      Profile for mimsies   Email mimsies         Edit/Delete Post 
Kama I really love that. It may be simple, but it is beautiful and the figures are so graceful

Avadaru I love that horse

Posts: 772 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dick Button
Member # 9197

- posted      Profile for Dick Button   Email Dick Button         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.cammyk.republika.pl/images/obraz.jpg

Don't tell me you can't point your feet in this world!

Posts: 46 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.