FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello #2

Author Topic: Hello #2
Squish
Member # 9191

- posted      Profile for Squish           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello. So I've been called rude for not introducing myself as a new member to this forum. (Much thanks to Infrared) Here is my 'hello' to you all for the second time in its own little topic.

I'm a graduate of the U.Washington Biology program, currently working as a bookkeeper for a furniture store. For a while I've watched both Erosomniac and Juxtapose spend time pouring over the topics posted and replying to those that interest them. I've read over their shoulders and whatnot, but I finally caved in and listened to Celaeno and joined. Mainly to wish Ero a happy 22nd online. So now I'm here. Hooray! [ROFL]

Posts: 168 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sydneybristow
Member # 9198

- posted      Profile for sydneybristow   Email sydneybristow         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello, I am new also. I am a LDS, conservative, mother of 6. I sell Mary Kay cosmetics and am a cubmaster for our pack here. I love sci fiction and have especially enjoyed all of Orson Scott Card's work. Just finished rereading Rachel for the umpteenth time. My favorite book by far though is Ender's Game.

Anyway- HI!

Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Squish and sydneybristow,

Welcome to The Forum. [Smile]

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello and welcome to both of you! [Smile]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Since when is it rude not to introduce yourself? I never thought that was a requirement. I certainly never introduced myself.

Anyhow, welcome squish and sydney.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, guys!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't know if I ever introduced myself in its own little thread either. [Smile]

Welcome, Squish and sydneybristow. Glad to have you both here! [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! Welcome to Hatrack.

Stay off my lawn!

And did you see a kid leave a burning bag of poo on my doorstep? I'll get him yet!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
It's nice to meet you both. I'm Tatiana. I don't think I ever introduced myself either. Maybe I'm a little late but hello, hatrack. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to the forum, both of you!

Squish, erosomniac seems to have a knack for drawing interesting people to Hatrack.

Sydney, what other authors do you like?

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Squish and sydney! [Wave]
Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sydneybristow
Member # 9198

- posted      Profile for sydneybristow   Email sydneybristow         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
Welcome to the forum, both of you!

Squish, erosomniac seems to have a knack for drawing interesting people to Hatrack.

Sydney, what other authors do you like?

I like Jane Austen, the Harry Potter series, Orwell, CS Lewis, and a variety of political polemists.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Posts: 24 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Hello there friends. Welcome.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Welcome to Hatrack. Squish, your name is awfully apropos. I'm SO looking forward to a sunny summer. And my lawn is your nick. Squish squish. *sigh*

Glad to meet you both. Wherebouts are you sidney?

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to meet you guys, welcome to Hatrack!
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I got grandfathered past the whole "intro" craze... [Wink]

Welcome to both Squish and sydneybristow. [Wave]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi and welcome! [Wave]
Hi and welcome! [Wave]

Nice to meet you two. Have fun on the 'rack!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sydneybristow
Member # 9198

quote:
Originally posted by jeniwren:
[Smile] Welcome to Hatrack. Squish, your name is awfully apropos. I'm SO looking forward to a sunny summer. And my lawn is your nick. Squish squish. *sigh*

Glad to meet you both. Wherebouts are you sidney?

I am in lovely Bozeman Montana. Still covered in snow but not as cold as it has been.
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Bozeman Montana. Home of that crazy guy who built the first warp drive that attracted the attention of the Vulcans. [Cool]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sydneybristow
Member # 9198

Yep that's us. So when the 3rd world war is raging, we will be busy building the vehicle to reach the stars.

[Smile]

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Squish! [Wave]
Hi Sydney! [Wave]

Glad to see you here!

What have I begun?

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

- posted      Profile for Rani Sambol Oelik   Email Rani Sambol Oelik         Edit/Delete Post 
Sydney, how lucky you are to be living in an area of future history!

JennaDean - something great, I hope. [Big Grin] Personally, I'd love to see a whole lot more of these threads. They're fun! [Big Grin]

Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rani Sambol Oelik
Member # 8020

- posted      Profile for Rani Sambol Oelik   Email Rani Sambol Oelik         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! Maybe this identity should start a welcome thread, too! [Evil]
Posts: 39 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.