FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hello #4

Author Topic: Hello #4
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I introduced myself when I arrived, or, if I did, I certainly don't remember it, and as I've been recently reminded, newbies should introduce themselves when they start posting here, so I'll introduce myself. A little late, but, well, I always was a little slow on the uptake. [Smile]

Let me see. I'm currently watching a Wallace and Grommit - the funky werechicken one - with my nephew. I made play-doh earlier today and had fun squishing all that stuff between my fingers.

That makes me about five, then. [Smile]

Um, I love OSC's books. Ender's Game is the mostest brilliantest, and I love Memsahib Dude Sir for writing his books most brilliantly. [Smile]

I wanna be a famous writer like him when I'm all growed up. And I don't wanna be a squished up cucumber like the one in the movie.

and, um, I wanna open up a mob supply store. You know, so angry mobs don't have to go home to get their torches and pitchforks. And maybe I'll supply some combat gear, too.

I think that's about it. Oh, and I'm really really shy. Painfully shy.

Um, yeah, that's it.

Hi, Denizens of Hatrack! *waves*

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering who you were! Thanks for the intro.

Does your mob store carry hard-to-find items like horse's heads?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
But you've been here forever . . . haven't you?

*puzzled*

Oh well! Welcome!

*smile*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcare
Member # 8736

- posted      Profile for sarcare   Email sarcare         Edit/Delete Post 
Crap, and I was just going to post Hello # 4, well I'll just have to wait for a more auspicious time.

Quid, I like the idea of a mob-supply store--will you perhaps have little trolley vendors on street corners? Will this just be a Sri Lanka thing, because we've been known to have riots here in Ohio as well?

I look forward to seeing more of your posts around!

Posts: 234 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Goodness gracious! You've been here longer than I have! [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
sarcare, you can post Hello #5, and no, there's no reason to wait. [Smile]

Shan, I have not been here forever. You've been here longer, so I've only been here for forever-4 months. [Smile]

Tante, yes, we can stock special requests. Horses heads sound good, and I think I'll expand on that to include rooster entrails, donkey's asses, and other animal body parts. [Razz]

beverly, really? But... but... but you've always been here!

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
*chicken dance*
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I think we'll add gasoline tanks and matches and perhaps bales of hay, to the inventory for a good barn burning. Also marshmallows, cuz, ya know, what's a bonfire without a marshmallow roast? [Big Grin]
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Better throw in the complete works of Shakespeare.

Yet another context in which that sentence works perfectly [Wink]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
If I could think of something clever involving Hello and #9, we'd have a new thread.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Can I run a snack shop out of your mob supply store? Mobs get hungry. And thirsty.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Yeah, snacks sound good.

But only if you offer sambal oelik and chilli-garlic ketchup. [Smile]

Heffaji, who says the hello threads have to be in order?

Orincoro... I have nothing to say to you. Nothing at all. [Dont Know]

[Big Grin]

Heffaji
Member # 3669

Oh, no need for them to be in order. I just don't have any clever things that make sense to put in a Hello #9 thread.
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Then why not think of something clever to go with Hello #13?

And is there a reason why NO ONE, NO ONE AT ALL has welcomed me to Hatrack? (Except for Shan, which I'm ignoring, because that would ruin the funny. [Smile] ) What, is this place the most unfriendliest place ever? [Razz]

Yeah, okay, so not funny. [Dont Know] Eh. I tried. [Frown]

Heffaji
Member # 3669

Oh, I'm just on a Beatles kick, so there's that disposition towards the number 9.
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
(((quids)))

I'd welcome you, but then I would have to pretend that you were never here before hand. However, I will say that it's definately a highlight of the day reading your posts.

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Heffaji - Do it! Do it! Do it!!!! [Big Grin]

Stan, you are a sweet complimenter. Thank ye kindly, sir!

We're expecting a huge shipment of pitchforks to arrive tomorrow, so anyone who's planning on mobbing tonight will have to supply their own.

We're also getting in an assortment of masks. The supplier gave me a great deal on the presidents, so, ya know, we'll have a lot of those. Plus some Annie ones, and the Scarecrow and the Lion and the Headless Horseman. Oughta be fun. [Big Grin]

I'm craving some licorice. kq, are you gonna have some? I want black, please. [Smile]

Heffaji
Member # 3669

I want to, I want to! And yet, I've got nothing...
quidscribis
Member # 5124

HatCrack Welcome Haiku? Nonsense poetry? Or, wait, you could start a round-robin story. If you like, I'll gift you with the one pitchfork I've already got in stock, a torch, and a pack of matches. You can start a mob. [Smile] The other mobsters can supply their own until tomorrow.

That could be fun!

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
*weeps at being ignored*

Not fair!!!

*stomps feet, too*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a shovel.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dick Button
Member # 9197

- posted      Profile for Dick Button   Email Dick Button         Edit/Delete Post 
"one pitchfork I've already got in stock, a torch, and a pack of matches."

Her arms are not excessive.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

Hey, Shan, could you stomp a little harder? I lost the key to the cellar and I need to let loose the monsters down there. [Big Grin]
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*distributes licorice and sambal oleik*

Have fun storming the castle!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.