FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Major Waste of Time--logic puzzle lovers

Author Topic: Major Waste of Time--logic puzzle lovers
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
If you preferred Mines Sweeper to Solitaire, Soduku to Crosswords, and Chess to Checkers than you are going to love Conceptis

If you dare sign up as a member--free--then you have available to you about a dozen web-based logic puzzles, and about as many printable Soduko based puzzles and their alternates, new every week.

These puzzles are a combination Mine-Sweeper, without the random death if you guess wrong at the begining, and Paint-By-Numbers.

I could be here for days.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
oy soduku's are harder then I thought.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
They're even harder when spelled correctly.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I spelt it right.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother is addicted to Sudoku. Unfortunately she can't pronounce it. She spent an afternoon walking around Wal-Mart asking for an electronic Sonocco.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
The problem I have with Sudoku is that once you know HOW to solve them, the puzzle largely devolves into rote mechanics.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I just took a practice LSAT and the logic games were my favorite part. Each question was like a more complicated sudoku. Except without numbers.

Dan, I'm going to have to check this out soon, but I'll probably wait for the weekend when I actually have free time.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
I spelt it right.

[Laugh] spelt
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Blayne, you spelled it right, but you pluralized it wrong. In general, if you never use apostrophes when pluralizing, you'll be right much more often than you will if you use apostrophes in plurals. There are one or two very rare cases when an apostrophe is appropriate in a plural, but you probably will never come across those cases.

(Because it bugs me when people point out that someone has made an error but don't explain how to avoid that error in the future.)

And, if I'm not mistaken, spelt is a nonstandard British variation of spelled. So, while it's not technically correct, it's not the sort of thing that makes my eyes bleed either.

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
I love logic puzzles: because they were solved in the process of creating them, the only logical solution is to ignore them.
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I spell the proper way, the American way! *whisper whisper* oh... *looks confused* I mean the British way!

-Modified Muppets Christmas Carol

I'm Canadian so i do things the British way, I say Flat instead of apartment. windscreen instead of windshield. etc. I also spell color colour and labor labour.

The Proper way. Can you believe my brother has an english teacher trying to teach American way of spelling for no apparent reason? weird.

Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
oy soduku's are harder then I thought. (emphasis mine)
This is spelled incorrectly, which is, I believe, the thing to which Tom was referring.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Blayne Bradley:
oy soduku's are harder then I thought.

Some are quite hard.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

Oh, and Dan? You are evil for pointing out that site. [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I told myself I shouldn't click on this thread, and later that I shouldn't click on the link. Dan, I agree with Ela. You are evil.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

My current addiction. [Evil]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wait, how do I sign in to get an account with them? I can't seem to find the link for it.
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooohhhh...my boyfriend jokes that if you put any puzzle in front of me, I'll try solving it. Thanks for the link :-).

I do love Sudoku, but I also can't survive without my NYT crosswords. The great thing about the Chicago Sun Times is that they post both on adjoining pages.

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:
Wait, how do I sign in to get an account with them? I can't seem to find the link for it.

Move your cursor to "Puzzle Fans" on the blue bar under the website title. Click on "Free Weekly Puzzles" on the drop down menu that will appear.
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Ela:
My current addiction. [Evil]

Oh no...
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

As if you didn't know... [Wink]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.