FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » another cell phone question...

Author Topic: another cell phone question...
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
I again need help and have decided to turn to Hatrack. Okay, here's the prob: Ever since last night all phone calls I make or receive seem to be on speaker phone. I've already tried turning speakerphone off, but the phone shows me that speakerphone is already off. It's driving me crazy... I hope someone can help!! Thanks in advance!

Oh, it's a Nokia 3100b

Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the speakerphone IS off, and you've got super Spidey hearing, ever think of that?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

- posted      Profile for socal_chic   Email socal_chic         Edit/Delete Post 
That would be sweet [Big Grin] but I'm pretty sure that I dont have cool skills like that.
Posts: 137 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
try turning the speaker phone ON, and then turn it off.

Seems like a strange thing to try...but perhaps your speaker phone is on, but your phone thinks it is off. Turning it on will let you phone know that it is on, so that you can then turn it off.

maybe it will work.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried the tried and true method of taking out the battery and putting it back in? That seemed to solve many of my phone's problems, even if only temporarily. But my phone was a mess, so temporarily was all I could ask for.

Good luck.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

Thank you both for your suggestions! I will try them and let you know how it all works out...
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
if that doesn't work, I suggest trying volume control.
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
Try hitting the button that turns speaker on/off just once. On my phone, it tells you what hitting the button will do, not what setting it is already on. So when it says off, it means that hitting the button will turn it off, so it is currently on. I have an LG phone if that helps.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
socal_chic
Member # 7803

Okay so I took the battery out and put it back in and waddya know...it's back to normal!! yay [Party] Thanks for all of the suggestions!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.