FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Kids can be so cruel...

Author Topic: Kids can be so cruel...
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
...especially the pack I saw today that eviscerated and devoured a full-grown man. Right there on the street! Something must be affecting those kids' normal food supply to make such a risky kill. Of course, the pedestrians were spooked, but the herd went back to grazing quickly enough after the pack had moved on.

Nature can be so utterly beautiful, and yet so savage.

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
Kids these days are a whole different breed. They probably recorded it and put it on YouTube.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
And linked to it on their myspace blogs.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Lets not forget that they can load it onto their ipods and relive the carnage whenever they want.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heffaji
Member # 3669

- posted      Profile for Heffaji   Email Heffaji         Edit/Delete Post 
We can? Thanks!
Posts: 291 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Reminds me of the kid who killed his whole family then begged for mercy from the court 'cuz he was an orphan.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

I hadn't heard that one before Bob.

In a funny way, kids really do have a very literal perspective on the world. I used to get really frustrated as a youngster because because I didn't understand context, innuendo, or implied meaning.

I probably made an argument or two with logic along the same lines as the orphan's, though the subjects were usually related to homework and sibling abuse, as I recall.

String
Member # 6435

- posted      Profile for String   Email String         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that guy was jerk. He never let anyone swing with him. Just kept saying "my dad tried to swing with me once. ONCE!". Needless to say, he didn't have many friends
Posts: 278 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Juxtapose. Sorry, that's a really, really old joke. I think it predates Genesis by a few years.

I thought everyone would recognize it and get a chuckle. As far as I know, there never was a kid who actually did this.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

Oh I recognized it was a joke, and it did give me chuckle. I'm actually a fan of really cheesy one liners, like: two pretzels are walking down the road; one is assaulted.

Heh heh, there went the chuckle. It's getting paid forward.

EDIT
String, I don't follow. Was that directed at me? Quick, help me not feel dumb!

dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Is this based on the story of the squirrels eating the dog?
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
My father bought me a kid. He paid two Zuzim for it.

One kid, one kid.

Inevitably, don't you know, came the Angel of Death, and threw a damper on the whole shindig.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Jux, I believe String is referencing Johnny Dangerously.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but who can guess what I'm referencing?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
I can...
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geekazoid99
Member # 8254

- posted      Profile for Geekazoid99   Email Geekazoid99         Edit/Delete Post 
Tante is refrencing the song Had Gadya
a song that is song on Passover

Posts: 250 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Yeah, but who can guess what I'm referencing?

Not I. "Guess" means you're unsure. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Have you noticed that there just aren't as many Mormon jokes around any more?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, then, This Is The Place!
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.