FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » My Birthday Surprise or Our Little Accident

Author Topic: My Birthday Surprise or Our Little Accident
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I turned 35 yesterday. I also found out I am pregnant. We weren't planning to even start trying for another baby for another 6 months. I had so much trouble trying to get pregnant with Leslie that I never thought I would just "get" pregnant. I am happy and nervous and scared. I've miscarried before and Leslie's pregnancy was very problematic. I am already showing the same signs as before so I've only told my Mom & Sister because I need their support. I don't want to tell too many other people because I've had to go back before and say "oh by the way I am not anymore" and that is one of the hardest things to do. I've had blood work done today and they'll do it again Thursday to see if my hormone levels are rising. This is how I found out last time that I would miscarry. I am scared and needed to tell someone so I am telling you guys. You are all wonderfully understanding people and I would appreciate it if you would hold a good thought for the little peanut. A birthday present you have to wait 9 months to open! [Big Grin]
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Infrared
Member # 9196

- posted      Profile for Infrared   Email Infrared         Edit/Delete Post 
My fingers crossed & prayers spoken for you; happy birthday and congrats!
Posts: 37 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Belated Birthday, dawnmaria. My thoughts are with you that in about nine months or so you'll have another little one waking you up in the middle of the night.

*Hugs*

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Big good thoughts your way!

(And Happy Belated Birthday! [Smile] )

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Happy b-day and good luck.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday and good luck. Sounds like a great birthday present. [Smile]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy day all the way around! You'll be in my thoughts.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Best wishes, dawnmaria.
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Stay put, Peanut!!
All my best wishes for you and hubby, dawnmaria

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats! And best wishes for a healthy outcome.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*does something totally against his nature and prays for your new childs safety*

p.s. I am not religous, but I hope that if there is any sort of supreme being he or she will protect your child.

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday, and good wishes for the little one!
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy, can I ever relate. I'll be praying for you and the little one.

And happy belated birthday.

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday and Congrats! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday! Feel free to check out the enormously long pregnancy thread. [Smile]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday! Congratulations and best of luck!

[Smile]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy 35th! With so many good vibes being sent your way I just have to believe that everything will be wonderful. I hope so and I'm glad you've shared a bit of your life with us. *hugs* I'll keep you in my prayers.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, congratulations! This is great. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
I do hope things work out for the best for you. You'll be in my thoughts.

If it's a boy, will you name him Peanut?

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rich Lewis
Member # 9192

- posted      Profile for Rich Lewis   Email Rich Lewis         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy birthday and congratulations!

Babydot just had her first birthday Sunday! [Big Grin] (<--- photo link)

Posts: 32 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice present. :grin: One of my cousins is due to have her first child around her birthday. And this too wasn't planned. At least that's what she said. [Wink]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't want to tell too many other people
So you posted it on a public forum on the internet?!!! [Eek!]

Just kidding. I hope it all goes well for you! Plenty of good thoughts for this wonderful opportunity.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

Thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I heard from the doctor's office today. Instead of going back for another test Thursday, they want me to wait a full 7 days because my levels were so low. I can think of good & bad reasons for this. All I really know is I am going to go crazy until then and over analyze every twinge or ache until then. So I am hoping for the best and preparing myself for the worst. I had a nervous breakdown last time this happened. With a 17 month old running around I don't have itme for that! Oh, JemmyGrove, no not Peanut. That's just the til we know what you are name. My daughter we called Lumpy. If it's a boy he'll be Lee Danger. My husband wants him to be able to say "Danger is my middle name." I know he's going to hate us later. If it's a girl Kara Lee. I am kinda hoping he gets over the Danger thing and thinks of something less out there!
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dawnmaria:
If it's a boy he'll be Lee Danger. My husband wants him to be able to say "Danger is my middle name."

[ROFL]

Good idea! [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oolung
Member # 8995

- posted      Profile for oolung   Email oolung         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Birthday and fingers crossed!
This child simply MUST be born, if only to get the name! [Smile]

Posts: 218 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

Danger is the rational choice! The other option was Lee Adama! Would we look like huge fan boys or what!
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by dawnmaria:
Oh, JemmyGrove, no not Peanut. That's just the til we know what you are name.

[Big Grin]

I like Lumpy too.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like Lumpy too.
I knew a girl named SugarLump Bailey in Lousiana. I always kind of liked that.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

It looks like Lee Danger will not be with us yet. I am trying to tell myself it is for the best, must not have been right time, etc.. but right not I am just hurting and quite frankly pissed. March sucks. I always lose my babies in March. Thank you for the kind thoughts. I wish that was enough to have made this work out.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so sorry.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
dawnmaria, I'm so sorry.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry. [Frown]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very sorry dawnmaria.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
*a thousand weeping women*

[Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry] [Cry]

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] (((((dawnmaria)))))
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] I'm so sorry.
Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, I'm sorry dawnmaria. My prayers are with you and your family right now. *hugs*
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so sorry, dawnmaria. [Frown]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so, so sorry dawnmaria. Unfortunately, I know just how you feel. If you ever want to talk, email me.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.