FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arrests made in Alabama Church Arson cases

Author Topic: Arrests made in Alabama Church Arson cases
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Good news!

Two people arrested, officials looking for 3rd

According to a report I heard on the radio, even though they received thousands of tips, they found these guys without any help from informants - just old fashioned police work. They started with the description of the vehicle, started interviewing owners of Black SUV's and asking questions, and found these guys. If they are indeed the ones (and of course, they're innocent until proven guilty) then my hat goes off to the ATF and FBI and Alabama agencies that worked on the case.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Great news! Hope that they've got the right guys.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
It's about time.

Those kind of crimes really make me sick; like when they blew up the golden masque in Iraq. Some people hold nothing sacred.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Go go law enforcement!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Another article:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/11726024/

quote:
Two college students arrested Wednesday in a string of nine rural Alabama church arsons told authorities that the first fires were set as “a joke” and later blazes were intended as a diversion, federal agents said.
quote:
A federal source said the apparent motive was that the three students just liked to set and watch fires.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
whiskysunrise
Member # 6819

- posted      Profile for whiskysunrise   Email whiskysunrise         Edit/Delete Post 
I like to watch fire, but not enough to take pleasure in watching it destory things that people hold sacred.
Posts: 747 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.