FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Last Alias Thread *Spoilers*

Author Topic: The Last Alias Thread *Spoilers*
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
So hows all you Hatrackers doin?
This is my first post after a long hiatus of the "Oh My God I Cant Believe He Actually Dropped My Laptop" kind [Mad] (Dont Ask)........So I thought I'd start with something important...........

Thats right Alias!!!
The show returns to our screens next month for its final run. A mere eight episodes thanks to an interfering ABC but the writers have assured us fans that it will go out with a bang.
Old faces will return(if theres any Alias fans out there who dont know who I'm talking about shame on you!) and the rambaldi prophesy will finally be resolved.
So before the eps start i thought we could share our theories and feelings about one of T.Vs best shows leaving our screens forever [Cry] .........Woah Sorry, lets just move away from all that sob stuff for now(seriously starting to doubt my masculinity there for a mo)

Sooooo anyway........ post your thoughts. I'll post mine if theres enough replies to this topic. I wouldnt want to go sharing my innermost thoughts and feelings to people. oh wait I just read back what i've written. turns out i've already done that.

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

- posted      Profile for SiriusSky   Email SiriusSky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, Damien.m, I knew the show was on its last legs but I didn't know about the finale revealing the Ramabldi Prophesy or that old cast members might be coming back (yay!)
-I know: "shame on me"

I'm a HUGE fan of the show, but I'm no longer able to watch it from where I'm at, is there anyway you could update me on them as they air on tv!?! Because when I look them up on-line they never seem to describe anything good in the show. If you could that would be GREAT!

Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know the show but just wanted to say hi to Damien! [Wave] [Kiss]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Damien.m:
Thats right Alias!!!
The show returns to our screens next month for its final run. A mere eight episodes thanks to an interfering ABC but the writers have assured us fans that it will go out with a bang.
Old faces will return(if theres any Alias fans out there who dont know who I'm talking about shame on you!) and the rambaldi prophesy will finally be resolved.

They're seriously going to resolve the Rambaldi stuff? That's hard to believe.

Okay, here's my theory about Milos Rambaldi. They build a big ol' Rambaldi device, see? And one night, Marshall's wife Carrie kicks him out of the house, because she realizes that he's been carrying a torch for Sydney all this time. Marshall gets drunk and stumbles against the machine, and it zaps him back in time, scrambling his memory a bit, but leaving his genius intact.

And he becomes Rambaldi. And that picture of Syd on page 47 is really a sketch of Sydney Bristow, because even though he's a genius and stuff, he's got this mix of love and hate for Sydney because of what's happened.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

And he writes plans for a thing called the Dharma Project.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

...and then it's discovered that Marshall was the one responsible for designing the theory behind Anton's Key, and also customizing the Game, thereby creating Jane...
Posts: 83 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

OOOOOOOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Hey SiriusSky. Yeah sure ill update you as they air. But if you have a broadband internet connection you could just download them, I live in ireland and got fed up of being behind the americans and so download them week by week. people dont realise how easy this is to do. And its free...

So anyway before anyone accuses me of being a secret advertiser for torrent sites lets get on to alias.
I have got a theory on how you know who comes back from the dead(if anyone doesnt want to know who this is stop reading!)
I watched ep9 The Horizon last night night for the first time and it struck me that Vaughn died after drinking something that Syd gave her. And no im not saying that Syd did it but the doctor brought in that drink. Could he have laced the drink with something that only mimics the effects of death? We've seen it before when Sloan was being executed. Could this be the same?!?

And some other Alias news.....
Bradley Cooper(Will) will return for the 100th ep WooHoo!!!
Anna Espinosa(dont know her real name) Greg Grunberg and Peter O Toole will also return.
And can i also just mention IRINAS BACK!!!(my fave character by the way I jus wish the writers would make up their minds about wether shes good or bad).
And lastly, Did anyone get the imporession when watching The Horizon that Syd is going to have Rambaldi's baby........................?

[ March 12, 2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Damien.m ]

Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SiriusSky
Member # 9216

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I'm in England myself so I guess we're in the same boat. But there nazi's about downloading were i'm at (so it's not so much of an option).

Wait, when was this that Syd gave Vaughn something to drink?

Yeah I figured they'd bring Will back, Cooper's seems like the kind of person to do it, and how could it end without Grunberg, that would be a tragedy indeed. Do you know if they'll bring back Sark? I realize they just did an episode a few months back, with him in it but still.

Ender G. readers: does Sark remind you of what you would might ever picture of Peter, or possibly Achilles? Maybe not in the recent seasons, but if you just look at seasons 1 & 2?

Lisa
Member # 8384

Who saw Weiss kick Greg House right where it counts this past Tuesday?

I'm a big fan of House, but he's had that coming to him for quite some time, I think, and it was nice to see it delivered by our boy Eric.

Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad to hear that the writers will get an opportunity to end the show well. I stopped watching after the third season because I felt things were dragging on too much. Maybe I'll tune in for the remaining episodes. [Smile]
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

Yeah the show did drag in season three, after Syd lost the two years. I jus hope the same doesnt happen in Battlestar Galactica!

Oh and someones gonna die in the last eight eps(without the possibility of returning)Nooooooooo!

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
I just saw that there is a two hour season finale next wednesday. I stopped watching last year, basically after Syd/Jennifer G got pregnant but I'm interested in seeing how they're going to end the series.
Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

So anyway before anyone accuses me of being a secret advertiser for torrent sites lets get on to alias.

*squinty eyes* What if you're a secret advertiser for Alias?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
quote:

*squinty eyes* What if you're a secret advertiser for Alias?
Oh no my secret plan has become known....NOOOO!!!*Jumps out window*

OMG....Alias is on tonight....Alias is on TONIGHT!!!!!

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

- posted      Profile for sweetbaboo   Email sweetbaboo         Edit/Delete Post 
So...did anyone watch it? I missed the beginning but I enjoyed it as I haven't enjoyed Alias is a long time. I'm loving all the old characters coming back.

Darn that Irina...is she bad or isn't she and just who is she working for?

Posts: 697 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

quote:
Originally posted by sweetbaboo:
Darn that Irina...is she bad or isn't she and just who is she working for?

She had better be good...if i dont see Jack and Irina walking off into the sunset in the end i will be like, soooo pissed off...I personally believe that shes doing all of this to protect Sydney in some way...well...she had better be...

And Sydney and Jack knew Vaughn was alive...WHAT!?!?!?.....I was in disbelief...but the more i thought about it the more sense it made...i think i was right saying that he flatlined because of something that Syd gave him to drink...they must have planned it, faked his death because of the danger from Prophet 5...And the more I think about it I cant remember Syd ever saying "I wish he wasnt dead..." She only seems to say "I miss him"...

And then there were six...Six episodes in five weeks*breaks down in tears* They are called:
EP100 Theres Only One Sydney Bristow
101 30 Seconds
102 I See Dead People
103 No Hard Feelings
104 Reprisal
105 All The Time In The World

I cant wait.....

Damien.m
Member # 8462

Filming wrapped up on the last ever episode of Alias today.... [Cry]

I need a hug.

sweetbaboo
Member # 8845

((Damien.m))

quote:
And Sydney and Jack knew Vaughn was alive...WHAT!?!?!?
Did I miss this in the last episode? I didn't think they knew...yet.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.