FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do I look? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How do I look?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I know of that, I do triceps and other arm related stuff at school so I can do pushups.

And I use the stair master since I want to build up arm mucsles I wanna be able to run alot.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate the gym I joined. Costs $13 a fortnight to be a member, though I hardly even use it. But it costs $11 to quit so I can't be bothered doing that.

Wo is me!

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so glad I live about a block away from an extremely beautiful park. [Wink]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I got some african american in me so maybe that's why Im not "dead" yet.
I don't know what to do with this statement.
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

- posted      Profile for SoaPiNuReYe           Edit/Delete Post 
cherish it forever
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

rofl.

My gym is free since I'm a student I can even go for a swim.

SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Swimming helps alot cause it works just about every part of your body.
Posts: 1158 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Indeed, the girl I met agreed to give me some swimming lessons when she had less work [Smile]
SoaPiNuReYe
Member # 9144

Is she hot?
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

indeed.
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by SoaPiNuReYe:
Here's what I do:
40 regular push-ups
30 Diamond Push-ups
20 Spider Push-ups (arms spread out a bit more.)
10 Fist push-ups
I do that like 9 or 10 times plus dumbells and stuff like that.
Do that and some sit-ups and you'll be in good shape.

Ow. I'm sore from just reading about that many push-ups. [Angst]
Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Like getting bulging muscles would be overkill if I wanted to beat people up id learn kung fu.
This is the second time in this thread you've mentioned you're worried about getting 'bulging' muscles. It's not as if you go to the gym and walk out an hour later with huge biceps. It's unbelievably hard (from both a nutrition and weightlifting standpoint) to get those muscles that you see in magazines. And as long as you don't significantly up your caloric intake you can lift for an hour a day and not get any bigger. It takes fuel to build lean muscle mass, and I seriously doubt two days a week in the gym are gonna make you huge.

In short, wipe from your mind the thought that you might get too big. Watch your diet, move around more and lift some weights and you'll improve the way you look in a few weeks. It's really quite simple.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Rest easy Blayne, I doubt "bulging muscles" are in the cards for you.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

well I have mass, I'm not a thin person body type i have the ability to gain mucles mass. but hopefully your right and ill take your word for it.
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
You get "bulging muscles" from increasing the weight you lift as quickly as possible.
Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

Y'know, the look I want is Nitz from Undergrads, not Cal, not Gimpy, but... Nitz. Just without the freshman 15.
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Since nobody else has said it: That is a nice shirt. (The red one, I can't really tell what's on the t-shirt.) Who cares about getting in shape when you can just wear a cool shirt instead?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
When a guy is in shape, he can choose to not wear shirts. [Wink]
Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

shuuush. Stop making all of us seem... inadequate with your greek godness.
human_2.0
Member # 6006

- posted      Profile for human_2.0   Email human_2.0         Edit/Delete Post 
Me? hehehe. I'm still *wishing* I'll be able to have chiseled muscles. Someday I want abs of steel... So when I workout I always push the ab exercises.

I'm in a wieght training class and I've heard some interesting things. The teacher said that muscles get bored doing the same thing over and over. And he also said that if you don't push your muscles to the point of failure, they wont build as much.

Posts: 1209 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.