FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Just de-lurking...

Author Topic: Just de-lurking...
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
…for a moment. I’ve been here a long time, but I haven’t posted much lately. I thought about writing a landmark at 1000, but then intentionally skipped it. I guess I didn’t know what to write. [Blushing]

Part of the reason I haven’t posted is because I’m sick. I have endometrial/uterine cancer. I have surgery scheduled for March 30th. Then maybe I will be hollow like a chocolate Easter rabbit. Time crawls by so slowly for me anymore. I can’t do a whole lot due to a multitude of other disabilities, physical and mental. Whenever something else goes wrong I remind myself that I don’t have anything that will kill me. (Just enough to make me wish I was dead. [ROFL] )

But I do love to be able to come here and read the opinions and ideas of this diverse group of people who love and support each other (for the most part.) [Group Hug]

So thank you all for being there. [Kiss]

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Dead Horse, that sucks. [Frown] I'm so sorry you're going through this. Would you like prayers or good thoughts or sacrifices during a blue full moon?

I've missed you, you know. You add a lot to the community when you post. [Smile]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I've missed you, too, Rain. You've got all the healing thoughts I can send your way. If I can do anything, please let me know.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you! Prayers and good thoughts are much appreciated.

Sacrifices are not necessary, though [Wink]

I'll try to post more often for the rest of the month.

Rain

Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Hugs and prayers headed your way.

And I heartily approve of more Rain posts!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't stress yourself out or make yourself sick, but if you can, please keep us updated on how you are and let us know if there's anything we can do to help.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
*well wishes and good vibes*
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear that things aren't going well, Rain. Good luck with your surgery; I'll be thinking of you.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
~~~Rain~~~

[Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
(((Rain))) Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thoughts and prayers are with you. Best of luck with the surgery and may your recovery be quick and complete. We miss you around here!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Horse:

Darn, I was just preparing to string up a boss for a blood sacrifice, too... LOL
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* Dead_Horse

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

quote:
Originally posted by Goody Scrivener:
quote:

Darn, I was just preparing to string up a boss for a blood sacrifice, too... LOL
Oh, no, then in that case, it's entirely necessary.

Here, I've got *rummages around* the intestines of a mad goat and *rummages some more* the eyeballs of a one inch frog. That ought to give us a good start. [Evil]

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Oh, okay, if it'll help you out, we'll accept sacrifices, especially of bosses.
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown] (((((dead_horse)))))
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Thank you all for your prayers and kind thoughts. They do work!

I had a reasonably comfortable anesthesia and surgery. The hospital stay and ambulance ride afterward were...awful. I still have a lot of pain and a few health issues, but nothing life-threatening.

Now I am in a nursing home for a few weeks until I can care for myself at home. It's nice here, with internet access and good food and friendly nurses and aides.

Love, Rain

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Rain, I'm so glad you made it through okay. I hope your pain is well-controlled.

Would you like to receive cards, or online game recommendations, or books, or anything extra to "waste" time?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

I'm also glad you made it through okay. Still sucks that you're going through this. What can we do to make life more bearable for you?
rivka
Member # 4859

Hooray for internet access!

*hugs* and prayers for a swift and complete recovery headed your way.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Thank you, CT.

I am definitely not well-medicated. When I came here last Sunday, they couldn't find an order for pain meds and the doctors names listed in my charts were wrong. Some nice merciful soul here may possibly have taken it upon herself to crush a percocet into vanilla pudding and wipe it on my tongue after about 8 hours without anything and a terrible ambulance ride. I couldn't swallow or talk, but I heard everything that went on. They told me a doctor would see me within the first couple of days. I don't remember one coming in. They fought over who it should be and I ended up with one from my regular family practice assigned on Tuesday. I know he was in the building because he was paged on both days. He's should be sorry he didn't fix this when he had the chance. I took myself off the percocet because it was aggravating another incredibly painful nerve condition I have. So, until tomorrow, it's Tylenol or nothing and I am mad. Plus, they discovered while I was in the hospital that my O2 levels are way too low and what they thought was part of my sleep apnea must be something else, so now I have to have oxygen until the doc can check me out and see what to do. I would have liked to have had that addressed a week ago. Actually, if the mdoctors had communicated on it beforehand (I told them about it) I may not have had to have had about 40 blood draws and a CAT scan in the hospital. When I got here I was one big bruise.

But things are getting better. Supposedly I don't have cancer anymore, but I have to wait for the official pathology reports.

I guess I'm happy.

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Thanks for the prayers and offers of distractions. There isn't a whole lot I feel like doing right now. I don't have the attention span to read or anything. Yesterday I couldn't even figure out how to send an email. (It's harder when there are 40 old people playing bingo in the room, too.)

I am mostly listening to my Belleruth Naparstek guided imagery CD to ease pain, and sleeping a lot, with the occasional walker trip around the building.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn straight. [Smile]

Whip those nurses and doctors into shape.

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Thanks! The nurses are pretty much doing a great job already, though.

Okay, time for bed again. My butt is startting to hurt from sitting on this chair.

Good night all!

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

You could come here and *poke* them if you want....
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to hear you are having such trouble, dead horse, but I am glad to hear from you again. Good luck and feel better as soon as possible.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, Dead Horse! Get better, dear! And make those doctors take good care of you! I'm so sorry you're having to go through this. The unnecessary pain is just so .... unnecessary! That's what really is hard to take! <grrrr>

Let us know how you are doing.

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh honey! I'm sorry that you are sick and having a rotten time of it. Feel better soon!
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Last night I started a new med called Lyrica. It looks a little scary, but if it works, that'll be great. The doc is supposed to be here today to see me.

I do feel better. I'd go as far as to say I feel better now than I have in months. Still not great, but it's progress. Off to PT and OT now...

Love, Rain

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs* Hang in there Rain. We love you. I hope you conitnue to improve.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Theaca
Member # 8325

- posted      Profile for Theaca   Email Theaca         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrica is a great new medicine, I think. Related to neurontin, but works faster with less tiredness. I've seen some impressive results already, and it's only been out less than a year.
Posts: 1014 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Kiss] Rain
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
It's good to hear that you're feeling better. I hope your recovery continues smoothly. ((Dead_Horse))
Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

The staples are out!!!! Hooray!!!

The doctor never showed. Stupid doctor. But the Lyrica is helping a little. I still feel pretty good even though it feels different having the staples out and they made me go to PT this afternoon anyway.

Thanks for all your support and prayers!
Rain

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

I'm doing so much better now. I didn't realize how sick I was. I feel better now than I have in least least a year. Not great yet, but much better.

I'm going home very soon.

Now to get past the 4 week checkup on April 28, where I will get the pathology report results and recommendations for any further treatment.

I can't wait to hold my cat and sleep in my own bed.

rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
I feel better now than I have in least least a year.

That's wonderful! [Smile]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know how I missed this thread before now, Rain!

((RAIN))

Hugs and prayers your way. Please continue to keep us updated.

What state are you in? Do you need visitors? Do you have family and friends helping you out?

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Thanks, Ladies!

I am in a state....denial? Semi-solid? Ah, Ohio! Not too many hatrackers here. I'm hoping friends will come over and clean my house. I also hope the guys from church fixed my porch roof and drywalled my bedroom while I was gone, but I'm not sure they could have.

I hear my cat is still alive and sociable after being alone for 3 weeks. I still won't be allowed to pick him up for another 3 weeks, but they say it's okay if he climbs up on me on his own.

So, I think I'm ready. I want to try driving as soon as I get home. I have a 1986 Honda stick-shift, and I will ber allowed to drive if there is no pain. I'm not sure I can get out of the car, either! [Roll Eyes]

Anyone who'd like to mail me a note or card can send it to POB 14, Conesville, OH 43811.

Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

Today I get to go home!

I can drive my car, and climb the three steps. Still not allowed to pick up the cat or anything else that weighs over 10 pounds. But I'll manage.

Now to hope they haven't cut off my phone, electricity, or gas while I was gone. But my internet service is paid up through May! [Big Grin]

Rain

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohooo!!!!!!! Hope it all goes grandly from here on out!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
((Rain))

Be well. [Kiss]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.