FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Another riddle game

Author Topic: Another riddle game
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
A few months ago I posted a link to the backward stapler site, if any of you remember it it was a challenging game where you had to solve riddles or answer questions to advance to the next page.

Here is another one, and I think it is a good one. It doesnt require the computer/hacking knowledge that the stapler required.

Me and a couple friends are on level 21 right now and I thought I would post this for everyone else to work on. They are really fun.

http://www.simplecodeworks.com/mazito/

Somewhat of a spoiler below.

There is one page with what I would call a dirty trick on it. It has a math equation, but one of the digits cannot be seen unless you highlight the text. If you enter the wrong answer, it still advances you but onto a fake path with a deadend. I just think that was rather dastardly. Dont remember what level it was but it was fairly early.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Any website with loud, obnoxious music that can't be easily disabled can forget about me hanging around.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it have that? Sorry, wasnt aware of that. I play it while at work so I have my sound turned off.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Is anyone else finding this game terribly boring? I kind of gave up when there was no challenge to it.

***** SPOILER WARNING!!!*****

"Besides Florida what other US state has an 'F' in it?" My brain near 'sploded trying to come up with "California". I mean, a second grader could solve these!

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm bad at number patterns, so I'm stuck on 10.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, so my number 10 didn't matter.
Spolier

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

There are two answers to number 7, one leads to a dead end eventually.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I got curious, so I'm playing this thing, too, and I'm also stuck at #21, Trapper. I assume you're having the same problem I am?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok -- I'm back to #21, without the previous mistake. Just got there, so I'm not stuck yet.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Bwahaha. Ok, I just passed #21, without any of the past mistakes (I hope). This is cooler than I originally thought -- you know, in a "this really ticks me off, so I'm gonna show it who's the boss" kind of way.

--Pop

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm bad at number patterns, so I'm stuck on 10.
My Level 10 doesn't have any numbers on it; am I at a dead end?
Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

I think he was, not you.

I was stuck at #25, but realized that #23 was too easy, so my answer must have been wrong, which it was, so I'm now on the correct (I hope) level 25.

JennaDean
Member # 8816

- posted      Profile for JennaDean   Email JennaDean         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

still stuck on #10, Donald Duck with some scrambled words.

Someone tell me there's not some obvious trick to this that I'm missing.

Posts: 1522 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

By the time I went home from work Papa, we were on 25, with the TV set. One button takes us to 26, the other says dead end go back.

I'm pretty sure that the button that takes you to 26 is wrong. Got to 27, solving the screen with bugsbunny on it, but like i said, i think its wrong.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Yeah -- I think so, too, but I can't find anything else interesting about that TV. I tried zooming in on the screen, changing the monitor settings to look at each color individually, but I'm getting nothing. There's gotta be something there.
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

I think so too. And I actually know the answer, but I didnt get it through honest means. Was searching a bit and came across a forum with the answer to that level. So I want to figure out how to derive the answer before moving on.

Really tired this morning so havent started working on it yet. Maybe in an hour or so ill get back to it.

I don't think it takes anything like zooming or anything like that. Thats just not his style, and he says on the instruction page that he doesnt resort to "hacker" or programmer methods. The answer is there, just easy to overlook. Havent seen it myself yet. I think the two co-workers im with said screw it and moved on with the answer we found, so I may do the same eventually. If you want the answer, PM me.

TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

Moved on, and thes answers from 26-28 were pretty straightfoward. There is a trick thrown in, but you should catch it.

We are on 28, which is just another word cracking puzzle. Tougher, but will get it in a bit.

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Solved it all (futzed with the TV picture enough with a photo editor, and the clue is ridiculously faint, in addition to being in an unusual font that makes it even easier to miss). Started Mazito-2, but it appears that you need information from the wrong answer chains in addition to following the right answer chains. I'm getting tired. *smile*

--Pop

TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

Haha! Yeah, we finished 1 this morning Papa. (Even though we cheated on the TV pic) Im worn out from it, when I posted this here initially we had already worked a day on it. I'm taking a break from it for a couple days i think.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.