FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A question to OSC about Donald Mustard...

Author Topic: A question to OSC about Donald Mustard...
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

- posted      Profile for Icelandic_Boy   Email Icelandic_Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
Mr. Card, no doubt you are as busy as one can get, so I shall try to make this as quickly as possible. (I only hope I've posted this at the right forum...)

It is now said you are working with Mr. Mustard about Empire, a game that is beeing developed. I was hoping if you could tell me if Mr. Mustard intends to get back to the Advent Trilogy sometime in the future, wether this new project is a way to get money to buy the rights from Majesco or something like that?
I sincerily hope Advent hasint been stamped CANCELLED with big fat red letters, as it just would be completly unfair to see such a brilliant story never reaching its end.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*holds breath*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, c'mon mph, surely OSC can't ignore a desperate plea from Iceland!
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
*turns blue*
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC: Don't reply until MPH has fainted. I've got a bet with Karl that Porter's carrying a picture of Tinky-winky the Teletubbie in his pocket. Porter won't turn his pockets out for us, which I say confirms it, but Karl's being obstinate...
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Icelandic_Boy, it's fairly unlikely that Mr. Card will see your post, let alone reply to it. While he has occasionally in the past posted on this forum, it's unusual. Your chances of getting a response, though still not good, are somewhat better if you post your question on the About Orson Scott Card side of Hatrack.

Your best bet, though, is to send an email to the moderator, who can then pass your message on to Card. The easiest way to do that would be to click on the little whistle icon in the bottom right corner of your post. This will generate a "report a post" message that will be sent directly to the mod, complete with a copy of your post.

[ March 20, 2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL @ Scott
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Ice Boy, I'm sorry to say Mr. Card doesn't make it a habit of posting on this forum. I hate being the one to tell you this but, posts asking him a direct question is a bit of a faux pas here. Don't be embarrassed, there are many things to learn about our special home and we will do our best to help you.

Now, regarding your question: you might find more answers by posting this on the other side of the river (Discussions About Orson Scott Card).

I bid you welcome and happy posting!

Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't think it was a faux pas so much as an exercise in futility. But then, I need to get more exercise, so maybe I can learn something from this.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the better way to get in touch with Mr. Card is to use the Contact Us link found near the top of each page.

Now I'm more curious about that post on the other side of the forum about a book entitled Empire coming out in November. I'd think it would be related to a video game of the same name that OSC was working on, though I suppose there's no guarantee.

Welcome to Hatrack.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

- posted      Profile for Icelandic_Boy   Email Icelandic_Boy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll do that. And thanks for the welcome!
Posts: 9 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Icelandic_Boy! [Wave] Welcome aboard.

So, how's the weather there in Iceland?

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

For the moment its freezing.
Baron Samedi
Member # 9175

- posted      Profile for Baron Samedi           Edit/Delete Post 
Good question. While we're at it, does anyone know what the weather's like in Rainland, Windland or Temperate-Partly-Cloudyland? [Razz]
Posts: 563 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
So, Icelandic_Boy, here in New Jersey, we know that the right time to put our tomato plants out in the garden in Mother's Day. Peas can go in earlier -- like St. Patrick's Day. When is it safe to plant the tomatoes in Iceland? How about the peas?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

The hell should I know? I'm a city guy who loves playing video games, not a farmer!
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

I'm not a farmer, but in New Jersey, the tomatoes grow so beautifully and are so unusually tasty that everyone with a square foot of dirt in their yard will put in a tomato plant.

Icelandic_Boy, have you considered posting in any other threads besides this one? 'Cause it doesn't look as if Mr. Card is getting right back to you on your question. I've been trying to keep the thread fresh and exciting for you in the meanwhile with small talk about the weather and gardening, but quite frankly, the conversation isn't all that scintillating. Maybe we can hear from you on some other threads and then have a fun time playing together!

Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
How is it that I'm just now noticing how charming Tante Shvester is?
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

You're slow on the uptake? [Dont Know]
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
You're slow on the uptake? [Dont Know]

[ROFL] [ROFL]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icelandic_Boy
Member # 9270

Yeah, I just placed the same topic in the Discussions about Orson Scott Card, hope that'll get some attention there.

And Tante, thanks for trying to keep this thread aliev.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.