FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Any Sacramento or Napa area Hatrackers?

Author Topic: Any Sacramento or Napa area Hatrackers?
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris and I are planning a trip to California for the week before Memorial Day. We'll be spending most of the time in Sacramento and Napa. We'd love to meet up with a Hatracker or two if there are any in that area, even if it's just for lunch or something.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in San Francisco. But I guess maybe that's not close enough.
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Fresno, KarlEd. It's about a three-hour drive south of Sacramento. I could conceivably drive to Sacramento for lunch one day if you all don't want to drive down this way. I'd need a bit of advance warning, though, as I'd have to rent a car for the day (mine isn't that reliable for out-of-town travel) I drive up, which is also doable.

I'll be watching this space for more information. [Smile]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Me, me!
and also Nick, but I don't think he's been posting lately.

I'm actually half San Francisco, half Davis but it'll probably be the Davis half during the week at least. It would be good to meet you (both/all).

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
I live in Santa Rosa. with enough warning i might be able to make a day trip of it. is there anything to do in sacramento ? i've just driven through going other places.

this can give me a chance to become real again. its been a while since Endercon. I'm starting to feel like im fadeing away. [Blushing]

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

We're actually making the trip to visit Chris's mother and brother. They live in Napa. Chris's mother is ill and has recently been hospitalized and will likely live in a convalescent home.

My sister lives in Sacramento and has been wanting us to visit for some time so I thought it would make sense to do some visiting while we're out that way.

I really have no itinerary at the moment. I'm certainly not averse to taking a day for a visit in San Francisco. I've been there before and loved it.

Fresno is probably a little far for us this trip. We'd love to meet you lma, but I hate the idea of you having to rent a just car on our account.

It's a little awkward, now that I think about it, since it's likely the weekends will be in Sacramento with my sister, and if we can make it to San Fran it might be during the week. Anyone free for lunch on a weekday, or interested in dinner?

Chris, (and anyone else) I'll keep you posted on our plans, in case you can make it up to Sacramento. I don't know what there is to do there. I've never been before. My sister assures me there are good times to be had, though. [Smile]

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
There's actually quite a bit to do in Sacramento. I liked the Crocker Art Museum quite a bit. And its fun to explore Old Sacramento, which has shopping, dining, and several entertainment venues, not to mention the California State Railroad Museum, which I've been told is interesting. Sutter's Fort is somewhere around there. And, of course, there is the State Capitol Building. You might even run into the Governator (not that I'd want to, but you never know [Wink] ). Actually the state capitol is worth it just to see Jerry Brown's official governor's portrait, which is not your usual politician's portrait. [Laugh]

As far as renting a car, it's not that big a deal, really. Especially on the weekends, they tend to have some pretty good specials. I've got a pretty good relationship going with my local Enterprise Rent-A-Car outlet, and it's fun to drive a reliable car once in awhile.

Edit: Just to say that I deleted the first try on this post, because I hit Post Reply instead of URL by mistake, but it looked like it hadn't appeared to edit, so I started this one and then posted it only to find that both this and the incomplete post had appeared. Oops. [Razz]

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Well I bought tickets, so for sure we'll be in Sacramento on both Saturday 5/20 and 5/27. More itinerary to come as it unfolds. Stay tuned. [Wink]
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in Santa Clara, about a forty minute drive south of San Francisco. If there's a group having lunch or something in the city and if you don't mind meeting a newbie, I'd love to drive up.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Newbies always welcome. [Smile]
JLM
Member # 7800

- posted      Profile for JLM           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm hailing from Folsom, although I've only lived here about two months now.
Posts: 157 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.