FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Godfather on XBOX

Author Topic: The Godfather on XBOX
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

- posted      Profile for johnsonweed           Edit/Delete Post 
I picked it up yesterday and spent about 10 hours playing. Overall it is pretty darn good. Not the best game ever, but very good. Think Grand Theft Auto in the Godfather world. Relativley few problems so far, and lots of fun stuff to do.

The bad:
Frame rate issues here and there.
AI can be goofy, but usually to your benefit (e.g. bad guys don't shoot)
A couple of camera angles are weird and cause you to get stuck.
They reuse building interiors too much so that all the hotels look the same, all bars look the same etc. This presumably cuts down on loading time.

The good:
Playing the movie!!! You are the one who places the gun for Michael to kill Solotzo. You are the one who helps put the horse's head in Woltz's bed. You kill Paulie and leave the gun and don't forget the canoli! It's all there!
Lightning fast transitions between maps almost no loading time!
Loads of violence and blood. You get to toture and beat just about anyone like in GTA and The Punisher.
The NYC in the game is huge and you get to roam freely and exort businesses when ever you want.

Over all it is a really cool game. It has a nice combo of linear and free form game play.

I'd give it an 8 out of 10.

Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
It definitely looks pretty.
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ricree101
Member # 7749

- posted      Profile for ricree101   Email ricree101         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a rental at best.
Posts: 2437 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

quote:
Originally posted by ricree101:
Sounds like a rental at best.

You have to love the film.
Posts: 514 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoaaaa, you mean I get to kill that little traitor from the film? SWEET!
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnsonweed
Member # 8114

I was promoted to Capo last night! I have wiped out all of the Tataglia Family! WOOT!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.