FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Good Eats from Disney World, FL. (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Good Eats from Disney World, FL.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
I have two of his books, and his advice is always extremely good. His recipes are too! He's is teh 4wesome! So cool that you talked to him, and recommended a good restaurant!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

You know, probably the best restaurant I've ever eaten in, and an extremely unconventional one, at that, is Warehouse #1 in Monroe, Louisiana. I wish I could write to Alton and tell him not to miss it. The hush puppies melt in your mouth. I ate a whole basket of them before the food came. I couldn't stop! Pop one of those babies in your mouth and you are in heaven! [Smile] And the fried catfish was even better! Absolutely the most mind-meltingly wonderful Southern food ever! It's been years since I was there, but I will never forget it! [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds delicious. [Smile]

I am not hugely fond of southern food myself, which was funny since one of the best jobs I ever had was working at Cracker Barrel.

I met my wife there, so it was worth it, even if grits still gross me out. [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike
Member # 55

- posted      Profile for Mike   Email Mike         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
even if grits still gross me out
Ah, but what about polenta? [Wink]
Posts: 1810 | Registered: Jan 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Weird stuff. Jenni bought some once, but we never made it. [Smile]

Sawmill gravy is the worst though.If you get it on your hand (cleaning up, for instance) you smell it all day long, even if you wash your hand.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Mike:
Ah, but what about polenta? [Wink]

Good episode. [Big Grin]
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

Kwea, I like Cracker Barrel. Sawmill gravy is wonderful on fried chicken and also on mashed potatoes. As for sourthern food, I cried when I found out people in other parts of the country don't eat hush puppies. They are delicious. You guys are missing out! Also, fried okra is super fantastic. Also fried green tomatoes. Someone just introduced me to fried red tomatoes, and they're even better! Actually, pretty much anything tastes really good if you coat it in corn meal and deep fry it until it's crispy. Yay for southern food! =)
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
It just so happens that last year, at an amusement park, I met someone who I thought might be related to Alton Brown.
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.