FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » New (late) column: Making 'The List' and checking it twice

Author Topic: New (late) column: Making 'The List' and checking it twice
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Making 'The List' and checking it twice

This conversation occurred when my wife Teresa and I were in the car listening to Scott, Jay, and Zack discuss their "lists" on MIX105.1 one morning. By "lists" they meant the list of celebrities for whom their usual vows of fidelity would not, temporarily, apply. It's a cute topic of discussion for very secure couples who giggle together about once-in-a-million coincidence-type fantasies.

"So who's on your list," Teresa asked me playfully.

"Don't have one," I replied, watching for a safe place to pull over if this got violent.

"C'mon, no holding out. Which celebrity would you want to fool around with if you had the chance?"

"You first."

"No one, I'm obviously not that kind of girl."

"Uh huh. If Johnny Depp suffered a freak sky-diving accident and landed in our back yard, you wouldn't tie him to the bed and swear to the police you'd never heard of him?"

She stared straight ahead. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Just warn me so I don't sit on him by mistake."

"There'll be a note on the door."

"Thanks."

More...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, Chris, Chris .. you are a delight. [Smile] I'm so glad you and Teresa have each other.

My list: Well, of course, Leonard Cohen. And I've already been forgiven in advance. In writing.

Can't get no sweeter than that. *grin

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
In no particular order:

1) Jennifer Love Hewitt
2) Jessica Biel
3) Natalie Portman
4) Claire Forlani
5) Elisabeth Shue

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Wacky fun. Hehe.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
That was really adorable. I could so see that as a fun short on one of those High Def channels that don't really show anything except pretty pictures. Occasionally they have shorts on that are fun.

And fwiw, I have the same problem with fantasizing about celebrities. My subconscious laughing hysterically in the background is far too distracting to get really into it.

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I started typing in my list, and thought the better of it. Use your imagination, if you will. [Blushing]
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
My celebrity fantasies always involve him rescuing me-- and then leaving after I fall hopelessly in lust with him and it goes completely unrequited.

I think I have issues.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
*quietly muttering*

John Lennon
Jimmy Hoffa
JFK
Lee Harvey Oswald
Lincoln
Anwar Sedat

Let's see, who's next?

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
The Kratt Brothers. Yummy.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kmbboots
Member # 8576

- posted      Profile for kmbboots   Email kmbboots         Edit/Delete Post 
Viggo Mortensen

And recently, (rather oddly) Craig Ferguson.

But mostly Viggo.

Posts: 11187 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
"she'd never get all the shame off"

*snark*

I'm going to have to use that some day.

My list?

Tim Roth
Heath Ledger (even though I think he's turning into a bit of a prat--but I love love love "A Knight's Tale")
Jon Cusak Jon Cusak Jon Cusak Jon Cusak
Goran Visnijc (sp?? Dr. Kovac on e/r)

*******glad to see you are in full writing form, btw*******

eta: kmmboots: me too (re: Craig Ferguson)! Odd, but sexy, my wee cheeky donkey! [Wink]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the Scott & Erica show. [Smile]

I think my list still centers on Winona Ryder.

Unless I can put lesbians on it. But then I'm really setting myself up for disappointment, ain't I?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Depends on your plans, really...
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
Brad Pitt.

I'm boring. But a loyal admirer!

Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
You and Teres should have your own TV show.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by El JT de Spang:
In no particular order:

1) Jennifer Love Hewitt
2) Jessica Biel
3) Natalie Portman
4) Claire Forlani
5) Elisabeth Shue

Jennifer Love Hewitt was at the Maui airport a few weeks ago while I was waiting for my daughter. (I didn't recognize her but my girls did) She was all but undressed and when her "guy" arrived, there was a lot of PDA...

I was kind of surprised because usually celebrities don't "hang out" at the main airport with us mere mortals - they tend to come in on the private planes at the other end of the field. But I guess her boyfriend liked to fly commercial. I didn't recognize him (but I hadn't recognized her either, so that doesn't mean much I suppose).

Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
My list in no order:

1) Kate Beckinsale
2) Uma Thurman
3) Natalie Portman
4) Catherine Zeta Jones

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
maui, I saw Whitney Houston in an airport terminal forever ago.
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Johnny Depp is on *my* list too. [Smile]
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Great column. Is it just my browser, or were there no line breaks in that?

My current list includes Jessica Alba and Keira Knightley, with an unknown third to be named later. My girlfriend tells me I need to give her at least a week's lead time on that one.

[Smile]

See, I have a logical hangup, too. I can't put married women on my list. I mean, I know it's total fantasy and never going to happen, but I feel it's somehow *less* likely to happen with a celebrity who's already married. S'why Ashley Judd slipped right off the list.

I dunno, I'm odd.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.