FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you have Dagoba Chocolate

Author Topic: If you have Dagoba Chocolate
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
If you have Dagoba Chocolate, you should be aware of this health warning:
quote:
Dagoba Organic Chocolate of Ashland, OR is recalling their "ECLIPSE 87%," "LOS RIOS 68%," and "PRIMA MATERA 100%" dark chocolate products in retail and bulk formats because they contain high levels of lead. The products were distributed nationally through wholesale food distributors and through stores that sell organic, natural and/or specialty foods, as well as via select internet sites. For exact lot codes and sizes go to www.fda.gov/oc/po/firmrecalls/dagoba03_06.html. Consumers with questions are encouraged to visit the company's website at www.dagobachocolate.com/recall. They may also contact the company toll-free at 1-800-393-6075 or via email at recall@dagobachocolate.com.

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you really surprised? I mean, look who lives on Dagobah.

Some crazy stuff went down there.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

- posted      Profile for Swampjedi   Email Swampjedi         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I give you permission to post my picture? I'm insulted.
Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

You died a long time ago, far, far away.

Your picture is part of the public domain now.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
I've seen that brand of chocolate many times in natural food stores, and have been intrigued but never bought any. Thanks for the warning, Tante. Not what you'd expect from "organic chocolate"!

Oh, and every time I saw it I thought of Star Wars.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
I honestly thought this had something to do with Star Wars and Yoda when I clicked on the thread. But instead, it's even better! Now I get to know something about organic foods that most of my organic-loving friends don't. mwahahaha.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
I was so sad about this...I love Dagobah. Sigh. At least there's still Equal Exchange, Green and Blacks, and the Endangered Species Candy Company.
Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altįriėl of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altįriėl of Dorthonion   Email Altįriėl of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was joke when I read the title because I had Star Wars in my head. Coming back from school, I saw someone had spray painted the face of Jabba that Hutt on the sidewalk.

quote:

Originally said by Nellie Bly:
A true Jedi never dies.

quote:

Comment from A to the D:
Yeah, don't those guys come back from the dead in a sort of holographic, special edition, shiny blue form?

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Swampjedi
Member # 7374

I didn't die, I just got smaller, greener, and more wrinkled.

Right now I look like a little peppercorn.

Posts: 1069 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

In some sort of Yoda species rest home?

Is there shuffleboard there?

Swampjedi
Member # 7374

Yeah, but shuffleboard is kinda pointless when you can play with your mind and always hit your target.

Bingo isn't fun for the same reason. It ends up with everyone trying to influence the game telekinetically.

We do like to fool young wannabe Jedi, though. And learning better speaking skills was a very good pastime for a few thousand years. English just doesn't make sense. [Wink]

Sorry Tante. [Blushing]

Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the heads up, Tante. I hope the contamination hasn't been going on too long. I have eaten the stuff.
Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh, that reminds me that I need to get more chocolate. Yum.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.