FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do you cook eggs? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: How do you cook eggs?
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
Vinegar eggs is the new Hatrack craze. Mine were yummy.

Yay! I started a craze! [Cool]

(I've been noticing how many people have tried eggs and vinegar - first time so many people at once tried a recipe I posted. [Smile] )

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Artemisia Tridentata
Member # 8746

- posted      Profile for Artemisia Tridentata   Email Artemisia Tridentata         Edit/Delete Post 
The absolute best ever, are fried, over easy in an old military chow hall. You need to put them over grits (cooked all night, not the instant stuff.) and garnish with a dash of Christal blue hot sauce. However, since the old chow hall is fast becoming only a memory and I have to cook my own, I prefer eggs, poached in a little salt water, and served over mashed sweet potato.
Posts: 1167 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opiejudy
Member # 9301

- posted      Profile for opiejudy   Email opiejudy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vonk:
ah Pixiest, a 'racker after my own heart. Combine the two breakfast cooking threads and you've got quite the treat.

fried, over easy, in bacon greese, cut up over two slices of white toast slathered in real butter, with more than the average amount of salt and pepper.

hmm, my left arm is numb and I taste copper....

LOL, this is how I eat them as well. The real butter is a must. My h ubby tells me it will kill me all the time.
Posts: 63 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opiejudy
Member # 9301

- posted      Profile for opiejudy   Email opiejudy         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Rabbit:
Poached. I have this lovely egg poaching pan With it I can make the tastiest eggs ever.

I also like omlet, with the works.

i have a similar contraption, it makes good eggs
Posts: 63 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PSI Teleport
Member # 5545

- posted      Profile for PSI Teleport   Email PSI Teleport         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care how they're cooked as long as there are no yolks.
Posts: 6367 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Luet13
Member # 9274

- posted      Profile for Luet13   Email Luet13         Edit/Delete Post 
I like my eggs cooked over medium, scrambled, and cheddar cheese omelet.
The absolute best however, is the egg in a basket sandwich. Butter the pan a bit, then you rip a small hole into a piece of bread and crack the egg into the hole. Fry it up, put a piece of cheese on it, then do it with another piece of bread. The eggs should be over medium. Put the two piece of bread together and you have one messy, good tasting sandwich. (Most people I know cut it up with a knife and fork, I usually eat this treat alone, so I use my hands and make a big mess [Big Grin] )

Posts: 511 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.