FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A Hypothetical Question involving love (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: A Hypothetical Question involving love
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Milla Jovovich for bodyguard.
Unbelievable unless she has superpowers.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Now there's a plot twist* I love. Halfway through the movie they discover that the bodygaurd is actually from Krypton, but she lost her memory after a near death fight from another Kryptonian. Oh yeah.

*The other day my friend got tongue tied and when she meant to say "plot twist" she said "twat plist." I laughed for hours.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, please!

Kryptonians don't lose their memory from tangling with other Kryptonians. They lose their memory from tangling with asteroids.

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
Gah! You win. I lose. Fine!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Unbelievable unless she has superpowers.
I don't see how the believability extends to any actress if not to her.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Two actresses that I have found more believable as physically tough women than Mila:
Gina Torres
Katee Sackhoff

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
We're forgetting about the snakes.

I suggest the snakes are an endangered species and the bodyguard (who had been an environmentalist in between her modeling and bodyguard careers) has to choose between the lives of the snakes or the life of her boss/lover.

Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

I think the environmentalist/model/bodyguard also needs to a computer hacker.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Because they've played tough characters? Or they just seem tougher?

I don't agree or disagree, I'm just wondering how you decided that the girl from The Fifth Element and Resident Evil wasn't tough enough and that Zoe was. Is she too pretty to be tough? That I could agree with.

Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I vote for T2 era Linda Hamilton. . .
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
any Chinese tough/model/enviromentalist/computer hacker bodyguards out there?
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Because they've played tough characters? Or they just seem tougher?
Because they played tough characters that I beleived.

Mila's character in The Fith Element was believable, as long as you accepted the facts that she had superpowers. Hence my comment earlier "Unbelievable unless she has superpowers.".

I believed Mila's tough character in Resident Evil about as much as I believed that Catherine Bell was a tough combat marine -- not at all.

Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Grace Jones as bodyguard, Diane Keaton as the CEO, and Tom Hanks as the husband and this guy for the snake?
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if we're going to have snakes, then maybe this guy should be the bodyguard. That way nobody will get hurt, including the snakes.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
The snake guy should be the pilot of the plane. Who's having an affair with the wife. And the plane explodes halfway through and they all have to land safely using the snakes as parachutes.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

In that case, the snakes will need to be cobras.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

http://www.chud.com/graphics3/dragoncon01/dcdestrocc.jpg
rivka
Member # 4859

[Confused]

Relevance?

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Those are two versions of Cobra Commander, a bad guy in the GI-Joe cartoons from my childhood.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.