FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Share things! (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Share things!
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
Celaeno?
Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo the Clown:
A link for Tavernier- http://www.avalon-download-art.com/images/DOM_images/ABB06_SunriseDiamond/ABB06_L_SunriseDiamond.jpg

Wow. That is just... wow. You've got good taste, Celaeno.

That is stunning.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that my grandmother had a framed print of that in her house when I was growing up.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celaeno
Member # 8562

- posted      Profile for Celaeno   Email Celaeno         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jimbo, I'm really sorry! It totally slipped my mind.

Also, I'm glad some of you liked that piece. I own a print of it and am currently trying to figure out where in my tiny apartment it belongs.

Okay, new topic: What is your favorite smell?

Mine (currently) is that of new paper when you first tear open the ream.

Posts: 866 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
Residual pipe smell on clothing.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Fresh-baked apple pie. I think I could smell that every day and not get sick of it.

I also love the smell of old books.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Celaeno:
Hi Jimbo, I'm really sorry! It totally slipped my mind.

Also, I'm glad some of you liked that piece. I own a print of it and am currently trying to figure out where in my tiny apartment it belongs.

Okay, new topic: What is your favorite smell?

Mine (currently) is that of new paper when you first tear open the ream.

Ooo, I do love that smell, but over that I'm going to have to go with onions on the fryer.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amilia
Member # 8912

- posted      Profile for Amilia   Email Amilia         Edit/Delete Post 
Popcorn.
Posts: 364 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
I really like the smell of leather. I usually pause every time I go by Wilson's in the mall and inhale deeply.

The old book smell is also a favorite.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
Spent brake dust from brake pads and rotors and tires at their limit on a race car. My sense of smell doesn't work so well, so it may not be as pleasant for someone else as I perceive them to be.

New car smell would also be up there.

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kristen
Member # 9200

- posted      Profile for Kristen   Email Kristen         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the smell of autumn in New England.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Freshly cut grass and the smell of Harrod's chocolate hall (mmm, inhaled chocolate).
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

- posted      Profile for Jimbo the Clown   Email Jimbo the Clown         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm another for the old book crowd. Still, all time top has to be way the flowers around my house mix with the trees and water from the lake.
(No problem, by the way, Celaeno.)

Posts: 135 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
For me it's probably the smell of baking bread. The smell of old books is a close second.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Mine's that clean baby smell...you know, baby powder, fresh milk, and baby breath.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Friendship bread is amazing.
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
The inside of my nose, because it's pretty constant and absolutely never bothers me, which is more than I can say for almost everything.

Hmm... as for a real answer, favorite smells usually mean favorite things are right around the corner, so: Maker's Mark or Woodford Reserve, and Bubble Berry.

Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Coffee grounds
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't it time for a new topic?
Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Favorite looking car.

Pontiac Fiero. The really skinny 4 cylinder ones. Yeah, I know they burst into spontaneous oil fires. But they look awesome.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I believe the rules say that the first person to answer the last question gets to ask the next question. So that would be airmanfour.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jimbo the Clown
Member # 9251

Since Celaeno was late, let's keep going with his question until airmanfour puts a new one up. Sound good, folks?
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Girls' hair always smells gooooood....
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.