FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Um. . . ow?

Author Topic: Um. . . ow?
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Latest "silent ring" for cell phone = Electric Shock"

No thanks. . .

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
So instead of annoying your boss with a buzzing in your pants pocket you can suddenly look like you've been goosed?
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
The other problem is that if it's not directly on your person it'll be a bit useless. At least you tend to notice if something in your backpack or bag suddenly starts vibrating.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
Imagine it on a metal table, with everyone sitting around having a meeting, touching the table.
Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
The phone itself doesn't bear electrodes. They're in a pad that the user wears, which is wirelessly connected to the phone.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought that I hated when the phone rings while I'm in the shower.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
The phone itself doesn't bear electrodes. They're in a pad that the user wears, which is wirelessly connected to the phone.

Yeah, that's what I read.

On the other hand, I have a co-worker that will take someone's phone, if left unattended, and change their ring, or change their greeting to "Hey Loser" or other such shinanigans. I'd love him to get one of those so I could change his setting to STUN and call him repeatedly. Now if only I could choose where he'd wear the electrodes . . .

Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Karl, this person claims to be an adult?

I mean my senior year in high school a friend took my phone and sent dumb text messages to other friends, but a co worker?

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

Well, yeah. Several of us have had our adulthood called into question over the years. [Blushing]
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Well, yeah. Several of us have had our adulthood called into question over the years. [Blushing]
I think the first sign of true adulthood is getting over it. [Wink]
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.