FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Yay! (Stargate spoilers)

Author Topic: Yay! (Stargate spoilers)
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Morena Baccarin has been cast in a recurring role for Season 10.

To say who she is would be a fairly large spoiler for S10 but you can see for yourself, if you like. She won't be one of the good guys, that's for sure.

This should be interesting [Smile]

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Stargate trying to be the second-chance home for any and everyone who was in a sci-fi series that was cancelled, and wants to be in another?

Let's list them:

Firefly - Morena Baccarin - Inara
Farscape - Ben Browder - Commander John Robert Crichton, Jr.
Farscape - Claudia Black - Officer Aeryn Sun
Star Trek DS9 - Rene Auberjonois - Odo
Star Trek DS0 - Armin Shimerman - Quark
Star Trek TNG - John de Lancie - Q
Star Trek Voyager - Robert Picardo - The EMH
Andromeda - Lexa Doig - Romie (Alright, so she's married to Micheal Shanks)
Star Trek TNG & DS9 - Colm Meaney - Chief O'Brien (Not SG-1, but same idea)

Alright, that's about the best I can do off the top of my head. I know there've been more, so name away!

EDIT: Whoops, fixed the below error.

Also, I didn't mean for it to sound quite so negative a thing, more of a curiosity.

[ April 26, 2006, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Architraz Warden ]

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Armin Shimmerman was Quark; Alexander Siddig/Siddig El Fadil (sp?) was Bashir.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno, personally I kinda think it is a negative thing, since SG-1 seems to have gone down hill hard in recent seasons.

That and this is just another bullet to a Firefly season 2.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

Yeah, Stargate is but a shadow of its former glory. I still love it, though. [Big Grin]

There's plenty of crossover between various shows, especially the ones that film in Vancouver.

Adam Baldwin was in a two-parter a couple years back.
Michael Welch (Joan of Arcadia) was Jack O'Neill for an episode.
Peter Bryant (Dark Angel) has been on the show.

Teryl Rothery, a former Stargate regular, was on an episode of Dead Like Me.
Michael Shanks was on an episode of Andromeda.

Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
*nods* I spot a lot of the same background actors in shows that film in Vancouver, too.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Who was Odo and Quark in SG1? It's escaping my memory at the moment.

And yeah, it has gone downhill in recent seasons, but I still like it enough to watch it every week. And there are signs that Stargate Atlantis is actually starting to get better and isn't stale and rehashed like it was seeming it would be.

Quite frankly, I'd say reason number three, on my list of top three reasons why I still watch Stargate is "Who the hell are the Furlings?" Little details like that really tend to bug me, and since I've seen a lot of spoilers that say the Furlings will finally be covered in depth in this season of SG1, I'm jazzed for this being the best yet.

Plus, they're going all out. We've seen a lot of rough stuff against the Gouald, but if you saw the end of the last season, it was dramatic as all hell and my heart skipped a beat during some of it. This is going to be a crazy seasona and I can't wait to see what happens.

(Reasons two and one, for those who are curious, is the interactions between Claudia Black and Michael Shanks, which I find hilarious, and the fact that Michael Shanks is on the show at all, Richard Dean Anderson's leaving killed a lot of my love for the show, but there's enough there to love still. And there's talk of RDA coming back for a few eps this season).

Edit to add: We might even see some major crossover action if the Wraith from Pegasus actually manage to get the Ancient stardrives working and can get to Earth. Should be interesting to see Ancient warships (if they can get the Orion up and running) fighting against Wraith hive ships or even the Ori ships that have just invaded the Milky Way. Lots of possibilities.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
Who was Odo and Quark in SG1? It's escaping my memory at the moment.

Odo was Alar, way back in Season 4. He was the leader of the people who wanted to trade w/Earth for weapons and supplies for their war. The SGC was about to do it when SG1 figured out that the war was started because Alar's side wanted to (or did?) perform some major ethnic cleansing.

Quark was the (seeming) leader of the Nox SG1 met in Season 1.

I don't think Bashir was ever on Stargate, though.

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Oh now I remember both of them. I'm surprised I forgot Armin Shimmerman was the Nox guy.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Architraz Warden:
Andromeda - Lexa Doig - Romie (Alright, so she's married to Micheal Shanks)

I did not know that! Cool. [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

It's kind of funny in light of all the Danel/Janet shipping that goes on in the fandom. Janet dies, and Teryl Rothery's replacement is married to Michael Shanks.

I thought of a couple of other crossovers - both Boomer and Helo from Battlestar Galactica were on one episode of Stargate, though that was before BSG.

quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
And there are signs that Stargate Atlantis is actually starting to get better and isn't stale and rehashed like it was seeming it would be.

McKay. Wonderful, horrid McKay. He is the single best reason to watch Atlantis. Everything else, meh.
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't all that happy with SG-1 this season, but I really liked Atlantis. I thought Atlantis was going to be a boring re-hash, too. But it's taken on a personality different from SG-1. I like the tension between the scientists and the military, and the Wraith are far more interesting than the Ori, in my opinion.

I'm looking forward to seeing the Furlings, and to O'Neill's return for an episode or too. However, I am not interested in seeing another quest for the Ancient superweapon. They've done that twice already. Have the Wraith and the Ori destroy each other, or something. Counter Ori-worship with Ancient-worship (give them more power and make them feel obligated to do something). Just don't make season 10 a search for the Holy Grail.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

I'm waiting to see when the Ancients will get off their lazy asses and finally do something. They take the Ori with them into ascended world, but when the Ori decide to come back down and wreak havoc on everything, especially the home galaxy of the Ancients, built up from scratch with love and tender care, they STILL won't come back and clean up their mess?

Lots to look forward to in Season 10.

As for Atlantis. They need to start meeting some allies. All they ever meet is more and more worlds full of farms of Wraith food. Original Stargate had them meeting new allies all the time, and that all came in handy later on. I'd say the culmination of those alliances was the end of Season 9.

They have the new Ancient ship, and a fully powered ZPM for the shields. But there has to be more. More friends, more ships, more, just more. There's little progress being made beyond the season finales. But I think the last half the second Season was a move in the right direction.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
The beginning of this last season of SG-1 wasn't great, but it was starting to get better by the end, and I'm looking forward to the next.

I like Atlantis-- on DVD. I just can't take it with commercial breaks, it breaks it up too much to hold my interest.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.