FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Children of Dune Soundtrack

Author Topic: Children of Dune Soundtrack
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
So I would really like one of the songs on the "Children of Dune" Soundtrack, however Itunes is only selling the whole album. Does anyone else have this soundtrack? Is it worth buying the whole thing? Is there anywhere else where I can buy the one song at (legally)?

Thanks in advance for any help or feedback.

Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I love this music!
Especially the opening theme when they show the new Imperial Palace and also when Chani dies.

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Incidentally, you can head over to Streamingsoundtracks.com and request single tracks off of most scores. Dune (three versions) and Children of Dune among them. Very handy to check out before buying an album in my opinion (not to mention a decent community).

That being said, it is worth owning the entire album. 'Tis quite good, provided you enjoy / can tolerate the occasionally over dramatic opera cues it takes.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

- posted      Profile for unicornwhisperer   Email unicornwhisperer         Edit/Delete Post 
The http://streamingsoundtracks.com website looks cool! Too bad I can't listen to it right now. But thank you for the link. I may just get the Children of Dune album, seeing as I've been told that it was nothing but good. Thank you [Smile]
Posts: 1417 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unicornwhisperer
Member # 294

Oh and just in case anyone was wondering.. it's the "Summoning Worms" theme that I would like to own. It was featured in the Narnia Supertrailer and it really is gorgeous.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.