FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » "He decided it would be okay if he died"

Author Topic: "He decided it would be okay if he died"
Magson
Member # 2300

- posted      Profile for Magson   Email Magson         Edit/Delete Post 
Marine 1st Sgt Bradley Kasel

Wow.

Posts: 1323 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
50-cent took 9 bullets, and he still got the money. Beat that.

j/k This guy is an impressive individual.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Damn. That guys is crazy. Heroic, but crazy. [Smile]
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd say the grenade he jumped on more than made up the 2 bullet difference.

Who says Americans are soft?

EDIT - Xavier's right, of course. Silly me. I still say the shrapnel outdoes those two bullets.

[ May 04, 2006, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: Juxtapose ]

Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. That's very impressive.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'd say the grenade he jumped on more than made up the 2 bullet difference.
Well no, he didn't jump on the grenade, he used his body to cover a fellow marine when a grenade was about to go off.

It was by far the smarter decision [Smile] .

Pretty amazing story. I wonder how they ended up getting out of there. Someone must have rescued them...

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Another guy did jump on a grenade, but was in a room full of people. I'm kinda surprised this guy didn't get a Medal of Honor, but valor is valor, no matter the offical recognition.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
during training in Canada some years back a sergant tossed a grenade onto the ground and the troop scattered, the sergant laughed and said it was a dud, and told them when the new recruit came dont tell him.

well new recruit came and the sergant tossed the grenade, instead of scattering with everyone else he jumped on the grenad thinking it was live.

He got the first Victoria's Cross ever awarded in peace time [Smile]

Go Canada!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I had the same thought Jim-Me. That's an incredible act of selfless heroism, I'm surprised he didn't get the Medal of Honor, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it awarded at a future date.

He reall is a hero.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.