FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » MI-III - Did Cruise scare you off? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: MI-III - Did Cruise scare you off?
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Liked the first one. Hated the second one. The reviews I read seemed to indicate that the third movie addressed the problems of the second, so I went.

I liked it.

It isn't The Tom Cruise Show!!! the way the second one was, which was completely wrong for a movie based on a classic show about a team. He's more vulnerable, he screws up, he gets saved by other people at times, and there are no silly CGI motorcycle stunts.

Decent story, if a bit light. Some good misdirection. Cruise's abilities are back to merely incredible, instead of superhero level, And you finally get to see how they make those masks so fast.

The issue of whether to support Cruise's movie because he's a nutjob wasn't an issue for me - I don't let my opinion of an actor affect my opinion of that actor's work.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably go see it. Not going would be like failing to read the 3rd book in a trilogy...even if the 2nd and 1st books were terrible.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen any of the MI movies and have no plans to. Not because Cruise is a nutjob but simply because I didn't care for the original series and so the movies didn't appeal.

I think the last Cruise movie I saw was probably Magnolia. Oops, take that back. Minority Report. His character in Magnolia did definitely turn me off, and yes I know it's a character but I wonder if there's a seed there.

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Not liking the original series should be no impediment to liking these movies, as they are nothing like the original series. I won't even tellyou what heresies they do to Mr. Phelps.

But, meh, it's not like they're very good movies.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought the first one was pretty clever, and I liked it. But I thought the second was a horrible follow up.

I'll see this one if I can get in to see it for free, but it fails what I consider to be the most important test for a movie: Am I willing to pay $7.50 to see it?

Has nothing to do with the fact that Cruise is a whack job these days either. I half expect him to jump out and say "You've been punked!" to all of America one of these days. But I don't care how crazy the person is who makes the movie, I judge it on its merits, or lack thereof.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

yeah, I kind of feel that way about several actors who are far better than Tom Cruise at portraying a chacter.
Tresopax
Member # 1063

- posted      Profile for Tresopax           Edit/Delete Post 
Why is there this idea that Cruise is crazy these days? The media may cast him as such a lot of the time, but in general I think it is almost always unwise to assume famous people actually are the way gossip reports make them out to be.
Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Let's see... how about the couch jumping episode? Or the verbal attacks on Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields? Those certainly didn't need the gossip sheets to get around.
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
andi330
Member # 8572

- posted      Profile for andi330           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:
I'll see this one if I can get in to see it for free, but it fails what I consider to be the most important test for a movie: Am I willing to pay $7.50 to see it?

Wow, movies where you live only cost $7.50? That's cheap. I wish I only paid $7.50 for a movie.
Posts: 1214 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
He is an idiot, and I won't see this....or at least I won't pay money for it. I don't care if anyone else does, I just refuse to support his ego any further after his recent ignorant, insulting diatribes.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tresopax:
Why is there this idea that Cruise is crazy these days? The media may cast him as such a lot of the time, but in general I think it is almost always unwise to assume famous people actually are the way gossip reports make them out to be.

Yah, the media totally misconstrued the way he said that he has the ability to cure people of heroin addiction in three days. Also they cast him in a really unfavorable light when he married a woman half his age, then they totally boned him when he jumped on a couch and screamed about it. Then they totally blew out of proportion the fact that he bought an ultrasound machine to watch his child.

Its obvious this is the media's fault, not Cruise for rubbing his craziness everywhere he goes.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by andi330:
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrhawn:

Wow, movies where you live only cost $7.50? That's cheap. I wish I only paid $7.50 for a movie.
Used to be $9.50 when it was owned by Loews, but they were bought out by AMC, so it was lowered to $8.50, but with a student rate of $7.50. It's a moot point, I don't pay for movies that often anyway, but I AM glad they lowered it. Almost ten dollars was ridiculous.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

quote:
Let's see... how about the couch jumping episode? Or the verbal attacks on Matt Lauer and Brooke Shields? Those certainly didn't need the gossip sheets to get around.
Anywhere these things are reported as legitimate news stories is gossiping, as far as I'm concerned.

Half the people I know do stranger things than these all the time. The difference is that they aren't in the public's eye while doing them. Celebrities are called crazy for doing the things that normal people would get away with doing every day. Look at how Bush gets portrayed as stupid when he does things like choke on a pretzel or mix up a word - things that are not unusual among reasonably smart people. While these people do typically get to be rich and famous, that doesn't justify drawing conclusions about how they are bad people from a handful of news stories, when you have never even met them. It's gossiping on a junior high level - but for some reason it's considered okay for adults to draw such conclusions publicly when it comes to famous people.

Posts: 8120 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Personally, I'd prefer NOT to see famous people in the public eye outside of their actual performances. I have no interest in who married who, who's having kids, who's getting a divorce, any of that stuff. But as long as people keep buying Hello and OK and People and Entertainment Weekly in the quantities they do, that type of "coverage" will never go away. Or maybe when the celebs start putting their collective feet down and refusing to get into personal details that have nothing to do with their jobs. And I only can justify a small portion of the appearances on shows like Letterman. The part that specifically pertains to a coming movie or TV show or concert tour. Getting into what should be their personal lives? No thank you.

Were movie stars always covered this intimately? I don't know, but somehow I think not. How long did it for the news that Rock Hudson was homosexual to become public, for example? So what changed - and why? Why did we as a society lose respect for the fact that these people have private lives? Was it because the stars were ramming it down our throats or because interviewers kept pushing for details?

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Tres...they weren't just reported, he DID them on TV, during either shows or interviews, so there isn't any sort of spin possible.
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record, I buy Entertainment Weekly for the movie reviews.
Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I tend to avoid anything with Tom Cruise in it, and have for a lot longer than he's been acting nuts. I just don't like him. The only thing I've ever seen him in that I liked was "Born on the Fourth of July", which I only saw because I had read the book and liked it a lot.

On the other hand, this new film has Philip Seymour Hoffman in it. I like him a lot. So, I might end up breaking down and seeing the stupid movie.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Palliard
Member # 8109

- posted      Profile for Palliard   Email Palliard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The issue of whether to support Cruise's movie because he's a nutjob wasn't an issue for me
He's an actor. It's a movie. All I care about is his performance.

That was pretty good. Whatever else I might have to say about him, Cruise is a reasonably competent actor.

The script, on the other hand, lacked stuff like plot and characterization that no amount of acting or direction could make up for. IMO. It was like a made-for-TV movie-of-the-week with a 50-million-dollar effects budget.

Posts: 196 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:
I'll probably go see it. Not going would be like failing to read the 3rd book in a trilogy...even if the 2nd and 1st books were terrible.

I don't want to support a franchise that never should have made it to #2, and certainly not to #3.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Tresopax:
[QUOTE]

Half the people I know do stranger things than these all the time. The difference is that they aren't in the public's eye while doing them. Celebrities are called crazy for doing the things that normal people would get away with doing every day. Look at how Bush gets portrayed as stupid when he does things like choke on a pretzel or mix up a word - things that are not unusual among reasonably smart people.

Bush wanted to become the President of the United states. You don't give somebody the benefit of the doubt when he's trying to be the most powerful person in the world.

You think these celebrities don't use and cultivate all this press? You think they don't feed all the gossip and the magazines and TV shows to get publicity? This is playing with fire, you get burned just like a normal person would, but you were the one that wanted to be famous, you were the one that wanted all that money. Celebrities shouldn't whine and complain that they have lost the ability to manipulate the public to their advantage. They started it. [Wink]

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Palliard:
quote:
The issue of whether to support Cruise's movie because he's a nutjob wasn't an issue for me
He's an actor. It's a movie. All I care about is his performance.

That's like buying a book and saying the only thing that matters is that its well written. It matters who wrote the book and why, and who that person is and what they believe in should affect the book. I'm not saying you need to exlude an author based on who or what they are, but you do need to know things like that too, in order to understand where the writing (or in this case the performance) is coming from. Isn't this the reason why DVD commentaries and documentaries have become so popular? It gives you an idea of where the film is coming from... otherwise we might as well just develop computer programs that can write our movies for us and do it all with CGI. If the performance of a computer is on par with a human, and that is all you need, then why not.
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Early morning show for you cheapskates like me. Two people, $10.50. I liked it. I honestly think it's hilarious that people have such polar opinions when it comes to Tom Cruise. Sure, he went completely off topic when he went to show a preview for War of the Worlds.

I think it's silly that people won't go see a movie because an actor said something they dislike. Tom Cruise doesn't play himself on screen, he plays Ethan Hunt, ok? If you don't like Ethan Hunt, don't go see the movie.

To the important stuff:
Mi1 was awesome. Mi2 had some cool stuff in it but overall was a dissapointment in many ways. Mi3 I think takes more of the cool stuff from the 2nd and puts it in the style like the 1st. Overall I thought it was a well done action movie. And definately worth $10.50 to go see it.

Orincoro: I disagree. A person can make many types of works that are completely unrelated to their own values and tastes. It's unlikely to have a sole author do that, but when you have a script and a director, it would be pretty hard for him to act like he has done on TV as himself. That's not his goal, his goal is to be someone else.

If someone were to write a book because someone commissioned it from them and had specific guidelines on how to write it, you could get away with the same thing. You're almost comparing apples to oranges there.

Next, to mention your comment about CGI vs Human acting. Look at any CGI movie, Take any Pixar film as an example, you'll see that they are good on screen actors, even though they have human voices.

I'm probably misunderstanding your comment about that, because I can't say I really understand what you are getting at by saying that.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll probably wait until Netflix. I hate to give Cruise money because it supports the idea that these inane publicity stunts are beneficial. If you encourage Tom Cruise to act crazy and insult people and spew a bunch of garbage, you'll have more and more actors doing it.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Only if you wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

Russell Crowe as a human being interests me not at all, he seems to be a jerk with anger control issues. Russell Crowe as an actor is someone I'll pay to see. From all reports actors like Dustin Hoffman and Val Kilmer are incredibly difficult to work with, yet the end result is often wonderful.

Or, to go another direction: I am not Mormon. I do not agree with any of the beliefs specific to Mormons and I have no interest in supporting the Mormon religion with my money. Doesn't stop me from buying OSC's stuff the day it comes out, even the stuff that has heavy Mormon themes in it.

Your mileage may vary, of course. I just don't see the point in denying myself entertainment because of differing beliefs.

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Others do, apparently. Seems MI:III made 10 mil less than expected, which means that "only" making 48 million on the opening weekend was somehow a disaster even though it wasn't a holiday weekend or anything.

I wish Serenity had made "only" 48 million the first weekend...

Numinor West
Member # 9375

- posted      Profile for Numinor West   Email Numinor West         Edit/Delete Post 
MI:II totally turned me off to Cruise. My wife and I saw this in the theater (with my mom who is a diehard Cruise fan) and we had to stifle our laughter at the increasing un-believability of what was on the screen.

I understand that MI:III fixes some of those issues, but I still won't pay to see it. If someone gives me the III DVD someday, then I'll watch it... maybe.

It was because of Cruise that I still haven't seen War of the Worlds.

Posts: 90 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it last night. It was fun. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Actually I think I saw MI:III in spite of Cruise being in it. I remember not having the slightest interest in The Last Samurai or War of the Worlds.
Irregardless
Member # 8529

- posted      Profile for Irregardless   Email Irregardless         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Bridges:
Liked the first one. Hated the second one.

Same here (although there's a plot hole that still bothers me about the first one). The trailer for III didn't get my interest, so I'll be waiting for the DVD.
Posts: 326 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ctm
Member # 6525

- posted      Profile for ctm   Email ctm         Edit/Delete Post 
See, for me, with Russell Crowe, I can forget it's him, he's just whatever character he plays. I forget it's him. I'm finding it increasingly hard to do that with Cruise.
Posts: 239 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

That's an interesting point. I noticed that when he was using disguises in MI3, his essential "Tom Cruiseness" was still there. I didn't believe him in any of the disguises, whereas I did believe his IMF teammates.

However, I did believe (and really like) Cruise in Collateral. So he can do it.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tresopax
Member # 1063

quote:
Tres...they weren't just reported, he DID them on TV, during either shows or interviews, so there isn't any sort of spin possible.
That's how spin always works. The incident may be public, but the spin comes afterwards, from the way people talk about it. There's nothing crazy about jumping around couches on Oprah, other than that celebrities don't usually act that way on TV. But when people start to gossip about it as if it is, then people come to believe it is.

quote:
That's like buying a book and saying the only thing that matters is that its well written. It matters who wrote the book and why, and who that person is and what they believe in should affect the book.
No it doesn't.

A good book is a good book no matter who wrote it or where it is "coming from". It's value is determined by it's impact on the reader, which is not determined by where the author is coming from, but rather by how good of a book it is and by how the reader comes to approach it.

If a computer could write a great novel, then there'd be nothing wrong with that. The trouble is, no computer has yet been able to.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Tom Cruise doesn't play himself on screen, he plays Ethan Hunt, ok?
In most movies I've seen him in, he wasn't playing any part other than Tom Cruise.

Tom Cruise in a figher plane
Tom Cruise in a race car
Tom Cruise with an autistic brother
Tom Cruise in the future
Tom Cruise as a spy
Tom Cruise as a boxer/immigrant

He seems to play almost exactly the same character in most movies, just with different cool stuff they get to do.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
If I avoided movies, music, or books because the actor(ress)/singer/author said or did something in RL that made me think they were an idiot, I'd have to take up knitting or something.

Edited for mph: Not that there's anything wrong with knitting is or anything [Wink]

[ May 08, 2006, 03:59 PM: Message edited by: BaoQingTian ]

Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the_Somalian
Member # 6688

- posted      Profile for the_Somalian   Email the_Somalian         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it was okay. The franchise could use De Palma again though. [Big Grin]

That film has aged really well.

Posts: 722 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Cruise's episode with Lauer has actually made me more favorably disposed toward him, but he still really creeps me out. To be fair, I still hold "Eyes Wide Shut" against his then-wife. I also never go to the movies anymore.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Scopatz:

And this is why Hollywood could care less about making good sequels.
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm with BQT... MOST actors are complete and utter nutters. Most singers are too.

I think you have to be a little insane to be good at any art.

Still, try as I might, there are some actors I simply can't forget and forgive and enjoy watching them act =/

Cruise isn't one of them.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
That's like buying a book and saying the only thing that matters is that its well written.

It is!

quote:
If the performance of a computer is on par with a human, and that is all you need, then why not.
Thus far, that conditional has yet to be satisfied. But when and if it is, bring on the computer-generated entertainment! (I, for one, welcome our new silicon overlords.)
Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dawnmaria
Member # 4142

- posted      Profile for dawnmaria   Email dawnmaria         Edit/Delete Post 
I may have to go see it for Philip Seymour Hoffman. I adore him. But the fact Cruise is in it is turning me off. I've never really cared for him but when he started going off about post partum depression he lost me for good. I wish actors would just act and leave the doctoring to the doctors. I hope his fiancee doesn't have any problems. But I am sure if you have to give birth in silence that talkig about your feelings is right out.
Posts: 601 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
Originally posted by BaoQingTian:
If I avoided movies, music, or books because the actor(ress)/singer/author said or did something in RL that made me think they were an idiot, I'd have to take up knitting or something.

You say that as though it's a bad thing.
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
But when people start to gossip about it as if it is, then people come to believe it is.
While I do agree that this might be true of the majority of people in general, I don't believe this to be true for the majority of people that have posted here on this topic.

quote:
There's nothing crazy about jumping around couches on Oprah, other than that celebrities don't usually act that way on TV.
If it's not crazy, it's at least a little weird. I don't know any adults that jump on their couches in the privacy of their own homes, let alone in front of millions of viewers.

I get irritated with him when I watch his interviews, hear his public statements on certain issues, and see his very public actions. OK, maybe that doesn't make him crazy, but it certainly makes me not like the guy.

That said, I wouldn't let that stop me from watching a movie that he's in. If anything, it's the characters that he plays that turn me off to his movies.

Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A Rat Named Dog
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for A Rat Named Dog   Email A Rat Named Dog         Edit/Delete Post 
There are people who start campaigns to damage my father financially because they don't agree with his opinions, too. I think those people are jerks.

I love Tom Cruise's work, and I'll keep watching him, even if he is a bit eccentric. I don't see why I should "refuse to support" him in ... what? Being a bit crazy? Believing strange things? There are millions of people who do those things who take home a good paycheck every day and deserve it. Despite his personal eccentricities, he makes great movies, and as long as he sticks to that last bit, I'll be in the audience.

Posts: 1907 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

In most movies I've seen him in, he wasn't playing any part other than Tom Cruise.

True. So the interest for me comes in when he's put in a difficult situation where I can see how Tom Cruise the character will react.

mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

That only works if you enjoy Tom Cruise the character.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
There are people who start campaigns to damage my father financially because they don't agree with his opinions, too.
*laugh* Seriously? I've heard a few people in the industry complain about his opinions, but I've never seen an orchestrated campaign -- even a recommended boycott -- of any kind. When did it happen?
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

True. Which is why I generally only watch him when he's playing a cocky, over-confident person who's in over his head. When he's a cocky, over-confident character in a situation where he's not really threatened, such as in a poorly written drama or an action movie where he is apparently invulnerable (or, say, when he's being interviewed by Matt Lauer), I couldn't care less.
Tresopax
Member # 1063

I'm sure that if EG ever becomes a blockbuster hit, there will be plenty of people who come across one of OSC's essays, or hear he's a Mormon, etc. and come to the conclusion that he must be a religious neoconservative wacko. I'd guess that sort of thing happens a lot when most people hear only your most outrageous aspects from the news and think they can then make judgements about your character without ever having met you.
twinky
Member # 693

Chris, did you see Collateral? If so, what did you think?
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
If I can't even remember the first two movies in a series, I'll rarely go see the third one. All I remember about either previous MI movie is exploding sunglasses.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.