FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Has anyone here used Buy.com?

Author Topic: Has anyone here used Buy.com?
Derrell
Member # 6062

- posted      Profile for Derrell   Email Derrell         Edit/Delete Post 
After reading of Anne Kate's trouibles with Amazon, I'm thinking of switching to buy.com.
Posts: 4569 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
I used buy.com regularly a few years back. I changed over to amazon mostly because I got a credit card with points for free amazon certificates...but I had also had some problems with DVD's coming from buy.com damaged. The replaced them, but it was a bit of a hassle.

Once I made the changed, I decided that I prefered amazon...so I stuck with them.

Sure, if you use the free shipping things will take a little longer than if you paid for it, but hey, its free. But even then, things usually come within 10 days. If you pay for it, you can get things in 3-5 days (faster if you are a amazon prime member, then you are looking at 2-3 days).

I have used amazon quite a lot over the past few years...and have been very happy with the level of service. My one gripe is that I would rather they separate the outside sellers from their own products when you search for things, since shipping is different from outside sellers. When you do a search, it would be nice to only have amazon.com products show up.

Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
I've used both for about 4 years and amazon is much better, IME.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cactus Jack
Member # 2671

- posted      Profile for Cactus Jack           Edit/Delete Post 
I generally used to use buy.com just because they were cheaper, but I never had any problems to call their customer service for.

Eventually, I realized I was just doing it to save money, and finally ended up using half.com for nearly everything.

Posts: 241 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.