FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » NBA Playoffs 2006 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: NBA Playoffs 2006
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]

What happened to the Pistons? All that sweet shooting all season long, and then they just keep throwing games to the Heat. And the Heat keep trying to help us by missing all those free throws and we still don't step up. ::sigh:: It's like they contracted a disease from the Red Wings.

At least the freaking Tigers are still in first place. Sick.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
It's alright. Kwea says Detroit will come back. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Didn't Kwea say that about the Wings too?
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Well, that was a fun Game Five, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for Game Six. If they play the same way, I guess they might have a chance, but...

I have to say I was disappointed in Miami's play. Shaq and Wade especially, where was, well, the heat? There didn't seem to be as much fire or drive as there usually is in the Heat. Especially when in the fourth quarter they were only down by four with five minutes to go, I think they played rather lackluster for a team that was only four down with five to go, away from winning their fourth game and first conference title.

I have to expect they'll play much better tomorrow night, and even if the Pistons really bring it, I think it'll be a clash of Titans, but I'm giving a bit of an edge to the Heat. If Shaq and Wade play the first half like they did last night, I think the whole team is in trouble, but if they bring it like they started the series, it'll be a great game.

GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm kind of glad the Heat didn't win last night. I missed the game, and I also hope the Heat can win it in front of their home crowd. Will the Heat have home-court advantage vs. the Suns?
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

- posted      Profile for JoeH   Email JoeH         Edit/Delete Post 
How about Nowitzki last night? Outscored the Suns by himself in the fourth quarter.
Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
He was due for a good game honestly, seeing as the Suns bench outscored him in game 4 (and if you've been keeping track, you know how sad and depressing that really had to be).

I'm just glad we got another home game I might be able to go to by making it 6 games.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

For not having Amare and no bench, the Suns have been amazing. As a UNLV fan, I'd love to cheer for them, but I am a big Mark Cuban fan.

Have you ever thought of how good Marion would be if only he didn't shoot "jumpers" from his waist?

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
Where has Rasheed been this playoffs? He hasn't done a thing in forever.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

He's been busy saying that the NBA is exploiting black players. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, Marion's shooting style drives me nuts... It just looks so haphazard and spontaneous.

I'm a pretty big Cuban fan as well. I met the previous coach many times, and the two are definately opposites, but both have their charm. I've been willing to root for Cuban ever since the Dairy Queen incident of a few years ago.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
The HEAT move on their first ever NBA finals!
Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by GaalDornick:
He's been busy saying that the NBA is exploiting black players. [Roll Eyes]

He's been saying that? He certainly seems to have no problem taking their money.

I am glad the Heat won, I want to see D-Wade win. And keeping Shaq around, you'll always have some funny sound bites.

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

[The Wave]
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

Rasheed's been too busy talking trash. Thankfully the "put up or shut up" has been put to the test on him, and he's not saying much now.

I thank Prince for his solid playoff effort, but Rasheed can bite me. For all his bitching, he didn't do a damn thing.

Congrats Heat, you want it more, and you deserve it.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Go Heat! D. Wade is my hero!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Icky and I went to the game, in person, last night.

Horrible play by Detroit. They had plenty of oppertunities to score and keep it close, but they failed to execute.

Also, Miami played excellent, even though Wade only played limited time due to a bad case of the flu. Even at the top of their game Detroit would have had a hard time with them I think.

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

A very close friend of my family's who was at our house for dinner the night of the game works for a food distribution company and personally delivered 20 bottles of (I think it was) Cranberry juice (or some juice like that) to where Dwayne Wade was staying to help him flush out the flu from his system [Big Grin]
Tatiana
Member # 6776

How cool! I hope it helped. I hope they gave him antivirals too, like tamiflu. He's got until Thursday now to rest and sleep, so hopefully he can recover quickly.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Bye Phoenix. Hello Heat.
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

I really think the Heat lucked out by not having to play Phoenix. Theres no way the Heat could beat Phoenix. As for Dallas, if the Heat could find a way to stop Dirk (which they probably don't) I think they might be able to win if they play their best.
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
I really think the Heat lucked out by not having to play Phoenix. Theres no way the Heat could beat Phoenix. As for Dallas, if the Heat could find a way to stop Dirk (which they probably don't) I think they might be able to win if they play their best.

Right. Just like they weren't going to make it to the Eastern Conference finals, and just like there was no way they were going to beat Detroit. [Roll Eyes]

(Actually, keep underestimating the Heat. I'm sure they prefer it that way.)

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
quote:

Right. Just like they weren't going to make it to the Eastern Conference finals, and just like there was no way they were going to beat Detroit. [Roll Eyes]

I second your sentiments, Icky.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
quote:

And just like Dallas could never beat the Spurs to make it the Western Conf. Finals. Swords is more than willing to cut both ways.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Hey, I'm not the one overlooking a conference champion . . . sheesh!
Kwea
Member # 2199

Icky....just to make SURE the Heat have no chance.....

I will root for them this year! [Wink]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

- posted      Profile for kaioshin00   Email kaioshin00         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As for Dallas, if the Heat could find a way to stop Dirk (which they probably don't) I think they might be able to win if they play their best.
*replaces Dallas with Miami*
*replaces Heat with Mavs*
*replaces Dirk with Shaq and Wade*

Posts: 2756 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

quote:
Just like they weren't going to make it to the Eastern Conference finals, and just like there was no way they were going to beat Detroit. [Roll Eyes]
Did I ever say that? I thought the Heat would definitely make it to the conference finals and had a good shot to win it. And I'm still saying that the Heat have a shot to win it all, I just said it'd be hard. I just don't think the Heat would've been able to beat Phoenix because they have too many holes in their defense which Steve Nash, Shawn Marion, Boris Diaw, Leandro Barbosa, Raja Bell and every other offensive weapon on their team would be able to exploit. Don't put words in my mouth.
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

quote:
Originally posted by kaioshin00:
quote:
As for Dallas, if the Heat could find a way to stop Dirk (which they probably don't) I think they might be able to win if they play their best.
*replaces Dallas with Miami*
*replaces Heat with Mavs*
*replaces Dirk with Shaq and Wade*

So far, this seems to sum up the series very well.

Game two... "ouch" is about the best you can say.

Right, and now off the other American Airlines place.

Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

Double post, forum was being finicky last night.

[ June 12, 2006, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Architraz Warden ]

Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone know when the last time Shaq was held to 5 points in a playoff game was?

holy cow...

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
TrapperKeeper

posted May 17, 2006 12:44 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mavs all the way

I stand by my statement. And the only thing Shaq has for him is size. He's got no skills.

Yeah, thems fightin words.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JoeH
Member # 5958

I'd hate to be one of Shaq's teammates right now. I'm sure he's chewing them out. Did anyone see Antoine Walker's comment from after Game 1 where he said something to the effect that the Mavs were leaving him too open? Hmmm, I wonder why they would do that?

Also, is it just me and my pro-Mavs bias, but are the refs allowing Miami to handcheck Dirk even when he is facing the basket? The best thing the NBA has done in the last couple years was to start calling those fouls to free up the offenses. Now it seems, to me anyway, that Miami has reverted back to clutch and grab defense and the refs are allowing it. Or am I imagining things?

TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't see how someone who shoots 1-9 and then 1-7 on free throws at the professional level can chew anyone out. The Heat made their best run of the game when Shaq was sitting on the bench.
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Originally posted by Kwea:
Icky....just to make SURE the Heat have no chance.....

I will root for them this year! [Wink]

::shakes fist::

[Mad]

JoeH
Member # 5958

Good points, Trapper, but I bet he still chews them out anyway.
kaioshin00
Member # 3740

D Wade is pretty good.
Icarus
Member # 3162

What, the series is tied so everyone has lost interest?!

[The Wave]

Icarus
Member # 3162

So. Overtime, huh.

[Angst]

Icarus
Member # 3162

O_O

We need a gasping for air graemlin.

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Yet another Phanton Phoul on D Wade as time nears a close.

Sometimes it's hard not to think there's not some giant ABC/Disney/American Airlines conspiracy to have this thing go to 7 games and make them a ton more money.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

[Big Grin]
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that someone had a picture snapped of that play that showed a foul was committed...of course, they missed two fouls on the Heat before that. Officials suck (on the anniversary of No Goal).
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

D. Wade is my hero! <3
Ela
Member # 1365

Where are all the Heat fans?

The Heat are CHAMPS!!! [Cool]

[The Wave]

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

[Smile] ))))))))))))))))))

Go D. Wade!

I'm so glad they won!

Ela
Member # 1365

Actually, I was pretty happy for Alonzo Mourning, after all he has gone through.

I like Dwayne Wade, too, though.

Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Zo went to one of my high school's biggest basketball rivals. I'm happy for him, too.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

His post game press conference was amazing. I was tearing up and getting all tingly and stuff. [Smile]
Kwea
Member # 2199

D.Wade was on Letterman last night. He was very good.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.