FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Vietnam

Author Topic: Vietnam
maui babe
Member # 1894

- posted      Profile for maui babe   Email maui babe         Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone recommend a good history of the Vietnam conflict? I know almost nothing of the causes and actual events of the war, even though it occured during my lifetime. I grew up in a military town, and many of my classmates' fathers were "over there"... For the longest time, I didn't even know where it was. I don't ever remember a school teacher talking about it except in the vaguest of terms... perhaps because it was so current and so politically charged. My children are learning about it now and I'm ashamed that I know so little about it.
Posts: 2069 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
That's probably a good start.
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Not sure why I'm sharing this, but Mr. Opera and I visited the Vietnam Memorial on a trip to DC several years ago. So beautiful and so very sad. Everywhere else we went there were all these loud tourists, but there it was total silence. [Frown]

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.