FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » rav vs old man seizure.

Author Topic: rav vs old man seizure.
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting, munching on my onion rings, and listening to the radio. I'm stopped at an intersection waiting for the glaring red light, to go away and bring back that wonderful green for go light. I insert half of a mozzerella stick into my face when I hear horns honking to my left. I look over but can't see anything through the car in the left turn lane.

A split second later, I look straight ahead, and I see a car crossing the intersection headed right for me! I honk furiously to no avail. The man behind the wheel doesn't look to be concious as he slams into the front left of my car, and my car spins roughly 100 degrees to the right, tapping the van that was in the right turn lane, and pushing me back into the car behind me.

I dial 911. People are frantically running around asking if everyone is ok. The man in the car that is directly south of me, the direction I used to be facing, and he seems to be having a seizure, and the doors are all locked. They can't get into his car, they break his rear window on the driver side, unlock his door, and try get his attention. I give all the information needed to the 911 operator, and the paramedics arrive. I had taken off my seatbelt at this point thinking about getting out of my car, but the front of his car was up against my driver side door.

Because I'm only a few blocks from home, I call my mom to have her come pick up some expensive server equipment I had just picked up to build a server for a client.

The paramedics begin talking to me, and I'm having neck and upper back pain. They can't really get me out of the car, and they spend a while trying to figure out the best way to get me out of my car. Eventually they back up the other car, and can open my door. By this point they had already put me into their special back supports and things to assist my back.

My mom and brother arrive and pack up stuff from my car. I'm hauled off the the hospital and asked all the standard questions about 10 times.

Anyways.. That's most of the story. I'm going to take a nap now.

I'm mostly fine. Nothing serious, x-rays turned out ok, I just have back and neck pain at the moment.

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Geez, Mark! I'm so glad you're ok.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I hope you feel better soon. I Also hope that even though HE hit YOU, he is ok too. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch. Hope you feel better.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
OUCH!

Sorry, man. :/

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I hope you feel better soon! That sucks!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you're ok. On the up side, it's clearly his fault, so you should be well compensated for the ordeal.
Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear this, Mark. Hope the pain gets better. [Frown]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes, that's no fun.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
raventh1
Member # 3750

- posted      Profile for raventh1           Edit/Delete Post 
Same story I've already posted, and I'll write more later, and expand on it. However today I went to take pictures of the car, and the intersection where it happened. I'll eventually write out more description to go with the pictures.
http://takunokarasu.com/

Posts: 1132 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Oof... poor car [Frown]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, makes my wreck look minor. That picture and your story are scary. I'm so glad you're all right.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MightyCow
Member # 9253

- posted      Profile for MightyCow           Edit/Delete Post 
Yikes.

I don't want to sound like MightyCow and Associates, Attorneys at Law, but keep an eye out on that back and neck pain, it can be nasty.

I was injured in a friendly sports game 4 months ago, herniated disk, and my back still gives me trouble. The doctor told me it could take a year or more before it's fully healed.

So if it keeps bothering you, don't be afraid to have it checked out again.

Posts: 3950 | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.