FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Gah!

Author Topic: Gah!
Merkwuerdigeliebe
Member # 9436

- posted      Profile for Merkwuerdigeliebe           Edit/Delete Post 
16 days! 16 days without posting AT ALL! It wouldn't be so bad if I weren't keeping track of all the threads, but nooo ... I still sit at my computer constantly hitting the refresh button. Torture I tell you.

So I have finally given way and made an alt. This is Dr Strangelove for those who didn't get the reference. I'm currently writing a Landmark and it's taking quite a bit longer than I anticipated. It should be done by Tuesday, so I suppose I could've just waited 5 more days, but then no, I couldn't have waited. The reason it's taking so long is that I'm needing some resolution on an issue I plan on writing about, and that resolution better take place Sunday night, or I'll be pissed.

Anyways, this is just my vent thread to write about all the things I've wanted to talk to my beloved Hatrack about and have been unable to.

Last night was my last night as game time leader at my church. It hit me that I likely will not see most of those kids ever again. It really made me feel like crap, because I got to thinking about how I probably didn't do as good of a job as I could have. I was maybe a bit harsh on them sometimes. I like to think that one day they will realize it was mostly necessary, but then I can't help but fear that they will look back at their time with me and be glad that I'm gone. I had dreams about being a teacher, but after last night I'm not so sure I'm cut out for it.

In other news, I got accepted to FSU. Woohoo! If only I were going to college in the fall ... oh well. I'm going to reapply for the Spring semester, so hopefully I'll get in.
On that same note, I got to wondering, maybe I should look into a career in journalism or writing of some sort. The main draw in that is doing something I enjoy while also being able to travel. I haven't looked into it much. Does anyone know anything about a career as a journalist? Maybe for a newspaper or a magazine. Any help would be grealy appreciated.

What's the normal weight for a 6'2" 17 year old?

*sigh*. Ok, there was a lot more stuff, but the anxiety is over now. I can go back to focusing on writing my landmark. Whew.

Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never understood why people make alternate names when they approach numbers that seemingly demand Landmarks.

No one else cares if the numbers don't match up, heck, I don't think anyone really cares when you make a landmark at all.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
But it could be important to him, it was important to me that I got my 1000 post landmark exactly a year after I joined.

And I for one do care if people write landmarks, I find them quite interesting and useful in getting to know posters.

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merkwuerdigeliebe
Member # 9436

I thought the same thing Lyrhawn. Basically, its important to me to post it with my 1000th post (though it will likely end up being 3 posts, so there goes that anyways), and that's all that matters. Plus, I was using Hatrack deprivation as a motivation for writing it. And you ask why write it? Again, for me. It's something I need to do, not for Hatrack tradition, but because ... I need to do it. Meh. You're a joy killer Lyrhawn.
Posts: 4 | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Merkwuerdigeliebe
Member # 9436

What she said.
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I think you both misread me. I didn't say that no one cares if you make a landmark at all, I said I don't think anyone really cares when people make them.

By which I meant, no one cares if you make it specifically at 1,000 or 2,000. If it matters to YOU, then more power to you. But regardless, I was just saying it's not something that I personally understand.

And I am NOT a joykill. [Frown] I'm a joy reanimator.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
You make joy-zombies?

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Much...too...joyful!
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.