FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Teri Hatcher cast in the big screen adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline...

Author Topic: Teri Hatcher cast in the big screen adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Coraline...
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
She'll be voicing two roles...

*sigh*

While I feel she is a good actress, I'm upset that they aren't going with UK talent for this.

"But American audiences won't accept UK actors..."

Tell that to the Harry Potter and Narnia box office returns.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care if they use Americans, Europeans, or other foreigners in practically anything.

That said, I'm not a fan of Hatcher, but I have to say that I can really see her as Other Mother.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care who's in it, I will see every Gaiman show they make.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
I still haven't gotten around to watching mirrormask.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
'Coraline' was one of the only books to truly freak me out.

It was wonderful.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
I still haven't gotten around to watching mirrormask.

What? Hie thee hence! What are you doing reading Hatrack when you have a movie to watch?
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

quote:
What? Hie thee hence! What are you doing reading Hatrack when you have a movie to watch?
I have dozens of movies to watch, dozens of TV show seasons to watch, and hundreds of books to read.

I don't let it stop me from enjoying life.

quote:
'Coraline' was one of the only books to truly freak me out.

It was wonderful.

Same here.
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I love Coraline! I can't wait for this movie.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Mirrormask is great, Porter. The plot itself is fairly simple, but the fairy-tale quality of it doesn't demand something more involved, so it's not a problem. The visuals are incredible, to my eye, and I've never seen a movie capture the feel of a dream better than this one did. When you have time to watch it, I think you'll enjoy it quite a bit.

Coraline is one that is on my list, but that I haven't read. I'm not sure how that happened, honestly.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
solo
Member # 3148

- posted      Profile for solo   Email solo         Edit/Delete Post 
I loved Coraline and I can't wait for the movie version. I'm indifferent to Teri Hatcher being cast other than the fact that it indicates that the movie is that much closer to being made.
Posts: 1336 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Coraline was my introduction to Gaiman. I only read it because it won both the Hugo and Nebula.
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
Coraline scared the beewhozits out of me. When I finished it, I gave it to the local library. Not out of altruistic feeling, but mostly because I needed to get it Out Of My House. It was that good.

*happy shivers*

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
I -am- glad that an adaptation is getting made. Next to The Sandman: Brief Lives, Coraline is my favorite work by Gaiman. I'm just hoping it's as faithful to the source material as possible.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sterling
Member # 8096

- posted      Profile for Sterling   Email Sterling         Edit/Delete Post 
Mirromask is very good, and well worth watching. And the DVD extras are fantastic, and occasionally very funny. It's amazing what they put together with a relatively small crew. (Why do companies with five times the people and budget keep putting out such dreck?! Argh!)

As long as they listen to Gaiman's input, I think they'll do all right with Coraline.

We are tired, and we are sleepy
We are sleepy, we are tired
We were here when you were drowsy,
We will be here when you're wired...

Posts: 3826 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

I could never find it again, but a few years ago I used to love going to that website with the mice that sang those songs from Coraline! We are small, but we are maaaany...
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Myr, www.mousecircus.com?

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

Sweeeet, there it is! Thanks!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.