FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I win.

Author Topic: I win.
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I have beaten the monstrous, unholy dragon that is Cox Communications.

I will be getting high-speed Internet soon, and I will not be paying them their damn $4.

You see, I'd tried to sign up for new high speed service in January. And they sent me...a piece of cable, but no modem. When I called them about this, they told me that I couldn't have service until I paid my account balance, which was apparently four dollars. Keep in mind that I had not had any service from them for over a year. I asked them if I could pay by phone, and they said no. I asked if I could write a check, and they said no. I asked if they could add it to my bill, and they said no. Well, good.

I guess they finally figured out that it wasn't worth losing my monthly high-speed Internet money just so they could get four dollars that they wouldn't let me pay them anyway.

I am the winner.

What have you won today?

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
I got ten dollars and expedited shipping from Amazon.com. Go me.
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jet
Member # 9475

- posted      Profile for Jet   Email Jet         Edit/Delete Post 
I worked for one hour and got paid 25 dollars for the job. Go me.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
I won four years ago and I'm still in the victory screen making a pose while my experience is tallied.

I might even level!

Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
That's interesting. Did they expect you to bring the $4 to their CEO in person, crawling the entire way on your knees?
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
School is out today! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MandyM
Member # 8375

- posted      Profile for MandyM   Email MandyM         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a $200 dinner complete with bottle of wine, appetizer, steak, fish, salad, and dessert (not in that order) for FREE! It was a mystery shop and even if I had been paying full price, it was a great evening. The waiter was FANTASTIC!
Posts: 1319 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
My cable company hooked up my cable last year, and has never billed me. Go me!
Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
My boss called in sick and I'm going on vacation all next week! Rock!
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got a full time job paying me $10 an hour (in a college town) working literally whenever I want how ever long I want, and because of the slowness of my superiors I literally do nothing all day and get paid to do it. GO ME!
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I called Dell to RMA something and the guy kept putting me on hold... He tried walking me through a stupid script to diagnose the problem but "I'm sorry, the troubling equpiment has already been removed from the machine because I had to get it back into production immediately. I just want you to send me the replacement parts so I can ship you the broken ones back."

And he put me on hold again.

"What colour is the light on the power button," he asked.
"The parts are already out of the machine"

Hold...

"What happens when"
"I already replaced the parts."

Hold...

"Look, I'm almost out of time. Just send me the replacement parts"
"Ok give me a second"

Hold...

Cell phone goes off. I'm out of time.

**HANG UP**

This morning I got in and the replacement parts were sitting on my desk. Less than 18 hours from my call.

Victory!

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

quote:
Originally posted by Lissande:
That's interesting. Did they expect you to bring the $4 to their CEO in person, crawling the entire way on your knees?

Maybe I should've burned it as a sacrifice to the Great and Vengeful God of Cable.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I weaseled out of having to go to graduation at the high school. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ginol_Enam
Member # 7070

- posted      Profile for Ginol_Enam           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't have to weasel to get out of having to go to graduation. I just said I wasn't going...
Posts: 450 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

THEY TURNED OFF MY CABLE TV.

Oh, Cox, you wily beast. I see. I see how this game is to be played.

I guess I'll just have to go buy a bunch more television shows on DVD.

-pH

Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
THEY TURNED OFF MY CABLE TV.

Oh, Cox, you wily beast. I see. I see how this game is to be played.

I guess I'll just have to go buy a bunch more television shows on DVD.

-pH

I hear the Tick is coming out.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Maybe I should've burned it as a sacrifice to the Great and Vengeful God of Cable.
I'm surprised you didn't realize at once that they were just waiting for you to suggest that.
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.