FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hex (with some spoilers)

Author Topic: Hex (with some spoilers)
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone get BBC America?

This is the pilot of a new show which is awfully darned good so far...not that I need a new show.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/drama_mysteries/hex/hex.jsp

[ June 11, 2006, 09:29 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
Anyone get BBC America?

This is the pilot of a new show which is awfully darned good so far...not that I need a new show.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/genre/drama_mysteries/hex/hex.jsp

I've been hearing about it for a long time. But I saw one commercial for it, and it looked too scary for me. I'm a wimp when it comes to horror. I won't watch Supernatural, and when I caught the beginning of the Buffy pilot back in 1997 (it was rerunning), I turned it off as soon as Darla bit the victim at the very beginning of the show (and had to wait another two years before realizing how amazing the show was).

Is it as terrifying as it looks in ads?

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I turned it off as soon as Darla bit the victim at the very beginning of the show
I find Joss Whedon far more emotionally traumatizing than horror-traumatizing. Except for "Ariel" the Firefly episode.

Anyway the show "Hex" sounds very interesting- like something I would like to watch... although I have no means of watching it unless it shows on television here (which, thinking about it is probably quite likely).

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
I would watch this if I actually was able to sit and watch tv for anything longer than 10 minutes.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Lisa,
It was scary.
I am a wimp as well, though, and I could take it.
However, I did not watch "Lost" at first because it was too scary, and kick myself regularly because of it.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, scary. I was dumb enough to watch it alone. Hopefully I can convince someone to watch with me.
Generally, I avoid the scary. I'll see how this exception pans out.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, I thought this was gonna be a computer geek thread. [Cry]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

esl,
I had the laptop with me, and I was online, so I felt like I was not alone.

I really like the main character a lot. The devil guy is way sexy.

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Hex isn't actually new. The second series (season) has already aired over in Britain on Sky One. I think both series (seasons) are available at Amazon UK, but I don't think they have Region 1 dvds available. (Be warned, if you go to Sky One's website and do a search for Hex, you'll see the show's website which has an episode guide for series two.)

It came to my attention last year when I was researching angel mythology for some weird story idea I had running through my head. One of the links happened to be Hex because of the character Azazeal. I checked it out because the site had an article about how the show had been compared to Buffy early on. They were commenting on the void that the ending of Buffy and Angel had created. I thought it was interesting so I went and found it. (I'll plead the fifth right about now.)

I don't find the show all that scary. It is more of a thriller, which is why it is shown on Thriller Thursdays. Thelma helps bring comic relief to the show and has some of the funniest lines.

Elizabeth... I find Leon sexier, and if they show the second series (season) soon after, you'll understand why.

Oh, did anyone watch Wire in the Blood about a month or so back? I really liked it, although it was very intense and violent. The show is based on a series of crime books by Val McDermid. The books are supposedly as graphic as the show.

As you can tell, I like watching BBCAmerica.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't Hex cancelled? I'm sure I read that somewhere. I never watched it as I don't have Sky.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Thanks, larisse.

No thanks to you, Bella! Cancelled?!? Noooo!

So I am watching the first of the series now, right? When Thelma dies?

esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, according to tv.com it's "ended". I did not know that. and now I'm sad.

Yeah, I agree it's thriller. What I consider scary includes a lot of subgenres though. Thriller being one of them.

O, and yeah. Thelma dies in the very first episode of Hex. I'm sorta annoyed that I knew that before I watched it. But then again, that's the article that introduced me to the show, so.. can't have everything.

Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, sorry. Didn't mean to upset anyone, but for me it's always better to know that something's been cancelled right from the start, because it hurts terribly if you discover that once you've come to love it.

Well, you know, everything good ends too soon. 'Tis the way of things.

Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

So, it is not on tonight. I am so confused, as well as deflated from Bella Bee's depressing news.
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
If it's been cancelled, I'm not going to invest myself in it. That's all I need, to get interested in characters who'll be left in limbo because of some network exec.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The second episode was good. It just might be too scary for me, though.
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"Elizabeth... I find Leon sexier, and if they show the second series (season) soon after, you'll understand why."

Episode 2 still has me steamy for the fallen angel. What beautiful eyes!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.