FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Once More With Hobbits

Author Topic: Once More With Hobbits
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Buffy fans, you know Joss Whedon's musical Buffy episode Once More With Feeling?

It would seem that some LotR geeks got ahold of the music from it and decided to have a little fun. The result:

Once More, With Hobbits

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

- posted      Profile for Bella Bee   Email Bella Bee         Edit/Delete Post 
Been around for years, that site. Still funny, though.
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Rangers aren't as great as everybody supposes
Without Gondor you'd be pushing up the roses

[Big Grin]

The bunny song is one of my favorite TV moments ever.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

It doesn't quite beat 'THEY GOT THE MUSTARD OUT!'
Posts: 1528 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

quote:
GIMLI:
Am I crazy?
LEGOLAS:
Am I selfish?
GIMLI:
Am I dating someone elvish?

Gotta be one of my favorite bits.
Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
(OLD MAN leaps out of Fangorn.)

OLD MAN:
Look at me! I'm Gandalf Greybeard!

I think I just died. [Big Grin]
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
It'd be a lot more impressive if they'd post mp3s of the performance.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
They do have a couple of mp3's up in the music section.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
I would be very amused to hear Sauron sing. (Or, maybe, quite terrified.)
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

The version of I'm Standing In Your Way was well done. I wasn't so hot about the Let Me Rest In Peace one.

[ June 12, 2006, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: starLisa ]

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

Yeah, the guy who did Saruman's voice left rather a lot to be desired and they had way too much distortion.
BaoQingTian
Member # 8775

- posted      Profile for BaoQingTian   Email BaoQingTian         Edit/Delete Post 
This is probably the wrong thread to post this question, but my wife and I have been watching the Buffy series on DVD. There has been a lot of music played at the Bronze that I liked. Particularly, I liked the songs with female vocals in a minor key. I assume that they're using lesser known groups. Any ideas on where to find (and even better listen to some radio quality samples) this music?

For lack of a better description, it's kind of an Evanescence sound that I liked.

Posts: 1412 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Princess Leah
Member # 6026

- posted      Profile for Princess Leah   Email Princess Leah         Edit/Delete Post 
There are "music from Buffy" compliations available. I'd go to a Barnes&Noble and exploit their free demo resources.
Posts: 866 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

The first time I heard Michelle Branch sing, it was at the Bronze, and she was amazing.

(and now I'm sounding like I think I was really at the Bronze, and men in white coats are going to show up any minute...)

Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
There are two CDs out: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Album and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Radio Sunnydale.

See also the music section of the Buffy and Angel Trivia Guide.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shmuel
Member # 7586

- posted      Profile for Shmuel   Email Shmuel         Edit/Delete Post 
There are two CDs out: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: The Album and Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Radio Sunnydale.

See also the music section of the Buffy and Angel Trivia Guide.

Posts: 884 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

- posted      Profile for Robin Kaczmarczyk   Email Robin Kaczmarczyk         Edit/Delete Post 
Buffy meets Frodo?
Posts: 379 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bella Bee
Member # 7027

Buffy vs Frodo cage match!
Robin Kaczmarczyk
Member # 9067

- posted      Profile for Robin Kaczmarczyk   Email Robin Kaczmarczyk         Edit/Delete Post 
Frodo over Buffy in no time! He might be a little man, but he carries a big stick!
Posts: 379 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Buffy would take the stick away from him, and sharpen it for slaying duty.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.