FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Mary Cheney on Fresh Air

Author Topic: Mary Cheney on Fresh Air
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
The download is available on Audible.com.

Did anyone else hear the interview today? Terry Gross is usually an insightfull interviewer who knows how to bring out the interesting angles of any topic, but with Mary Cheney, daughter of the vice president and author of a new book, she behaved more like a gossip monger.

She kept asking a certain question that Ms. Cheney obviously was not going to answer. I counted the repetition three times. I'll paraphrase:

Terry: Your father's ticket was supported by people who hate gays and you are gay. How do you feel about that?

Mary: Gay marriage was not a high-priority issue in the 2004 election.

Again, I'm paraphrasing.

Mary Cheney struck me as the most level-headed person I've ever heard speak in favor of gay marriage. She had a better interview in her than the one Terry Gross brought out.

[ June 13, 2006, 10:39 PM: Message edited by: Sartorius ]

Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.