FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » More than Father's Day

Author Topic: More than Father's Day
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
It just so happens that this year Father's Day coincides with Sasha's Homecoming Day.

What is Homecoming Day?

Two years ago June 19th was the day Sasha came into our home. We celebrate it like a second birthday party. There are presents and good food and family and friends.

Sasha is still a bit unsure what its about, since none of his school friends do such a thing. He's just happy to give Papa some surprise presents he and Mama cooked up--for Father's Day.

He doesn't know that he is the best Father's Day present ever.

Help us celebrate. This thread is our on-line party.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Two Years!!!!!
Whoa, Dan, I can't believe it has been that long.
I doubt there could be a more perfect Father's Day gift than Sasha.
Still, he needs to bend the knee.
It is the right thing to do on this day.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
[Party] [Party] [Party]
Happy Father's Day And Happy Homecoming Day!

Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
*Points to Midnight's post*

I'm the one in the middle!

[The Wave] [Party] [The Wave]

Dews all around!

Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

If you say "HI" to Sasha, I'll tell him what you said and who said it.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sasha! Have a great Homecoming Day!
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GaalDornick
Member # 8880

- posted      Profile for GaalDornick           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Sasha, you're lucky to have such a cool dad. Enjoy your Homecoming day.
Posts: 2054 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Homecoming Day, Sasha. I hope you have a very good day. You're a very lucky boy to have a daddy who loves you so much.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
oh wow, has it been 2 years already?

Happy Father's Day, Dan!!!

[Smile]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [The Wave]

Sasha -- I read your dad's on-going reports of how you came home with great interest! Many chuckles! And lot's of those sappy sighs women make -- you'll understand as you get older! [Big Grin] So just be patient with us! Guys are usually too cool to make sappy sighs . . . [Wink]

I made the same sigh when your dad said YOU were the best dad's day gift!

Happy Homecoming and Father's Day -- Mama, Papa, and Sasha!

Yay!

[Party]

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
signal
Member # 6828

- posted      Profile for signal   Email signal         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe its already been two years! Congrats Dan and Sasha (and mama too)and a Happy Father's Day/Homecoming Day!

*Brings an ice cream cake to the party, because its 90 degrees here and what's a party without cake*

Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Homecoming Day, Sasha! Happy Father's Day, Dan! Happy Homecoming Day for mama, too.

Wow, two years! Hope you get to eat all your favorite foods and get to do all your favorite things today. Oh, don't eat too much cake. You have to leave room for ice cream.

Dan, I've enjoyed reading about the journey you and your wife took to bring Sasha into your life, and I enjoy reading all the posts you make about Sasha's sayings. Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, time flies, doesn't it? [Big Grin]

Happy Fathers Day, Dan.

Happy Homecoming-Day, "Raven" family. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Excellent!

Happy fathers' day!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Thanks everyone.

Sasha liked them.

I thought they were great.

Momma loved them all.

Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi, Sasha! I hope it's not too late to wish you happy homecoming day! It's so great hearing about you and your family. I'm so glad you are here. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Sasha:

My son Inkling was born on June 19th! It's a wonderful day!

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.