FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spider-man 3 Teaser Trailer

Author Topic: Spider-man 3 Teaser Trailer
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
Click me!

Spider-man, Spider-man, does whatever a spider can...

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
VENOM VENOM! HOHO HO!!!

I am excited

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy oh boy
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
O_O

<fidgets>

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
Heck yes. May 4th...

Dang, the CG for Sandman looks incredible. And they still have a year to spiff it up. This is going to be a dang good looking movie.

And is that Gwen Stacey that Peter is dancing with in that one scene?

It seems to me that the "bad" symbiote influenced Peter grows his hair out. Heh.

So, Venom, GG2, and Sandman. Sure, we pretty much knew that, but it's nice to see it all in the trailer (well, with the exception of seeing Venom onscreen.)

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't work on my computer...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by aragorn64:
And is that Gwen Stacey that Peter is dancing with in that one scene?

Yes. Bryce Dallas Howard has been cast as Gwen Stacy.
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone else notice Peter have a Frodo moment about 3/4 of the way through the trailer?
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
I just downloaded Quicktime to my PC but I still can't play it. Any suggestions?
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shanna
Member # 7900

- posted      Profile for Shanna   Email Shanna         Edit/Delete Post 
I saw the ring moment. Its a frighteningly similar shot.
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Wee!
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
vonk: I know this sounds like a silly question, but did you install it? If you did install it, did you close all browser windows during the installation?

If stuff still isn't working, try downloading the iPod version. That will be downloaded to your computer in a compressed file for you to decompress, and you can then try playing it in quicktime's separate player.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

aahhh, it won't let me download because I'm playing the HHGTTG game. thanks fugu.
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I still kinda wish that they had done something more unique for the symbiote costume than having it be the regular costume painted black...

Anyway, I think there's something suspicious about the Goblin in this movie. You never get a good look at him in the teaser. I'm thinking that maybe he's not even Harry. I really wonder what form Venom is going to take. Is it possible that he may not even be in this movie, but rather it's a set-up for him to appear in a fourth? After all, I still can't imagine a movie featuring GG, Sandman, Venom, and a yet to be revealed 4th villain, dealing with the Peter/Gwen/M.J. love triangle, and Peter's struggle with the symbiote and not selling any of these aspects short.

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
camus
Member # 8052

- posted      Profile for camus   Email camus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Is it possible that he may not even be in this movie, but rather it's a set-up for him to appear in a fourth?
That's what I assume is going to happen.
Posts: 1256 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vonk
Member # 9027

quote:
I'm thinking that maybe he's not even Harry
In the scene right before the LotR scene, doesn't it show one of Goblin's grenades blowing up right next to Harry's head?
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Or have the "new" suit be a good thing this movie with only forshadowing of the problems to come. [Big Grin]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
SPOILERS
SPOILERS
NOT JOKING!
-Harry is the Green Goblin. He fights Peter twice in the film.
-Venom is in this movie for the climax.
END SPOILERS
END SPOILERS
END SPOILERS
END SPOILERS

I originally went into more depth, but I've decided to delete a lot of that and just focus on wrecking some of your fun guesses [Wink] . If you search hard enough there are a couple descriptions and plot outlines floating around from way back which match up to everything that's come out. Suffice to say, the third Spiderman reads (to me) as the best of the films by far.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
If this movie isn't great I'm going to break everything.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
This is SO geeky of me...but I was delighted that they gave Gwen her John Romita-era look...complete with hair ribbon! [Big Grin]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If this movie isn't great I'm going to break everything.
Same. And I do mean *everything*.

You start on the east coast, I'll start on the west, we'll meet in the center? Let's say in Iowa...

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if anyone else caught the fact that the guy riding the goblin glider was actually wearing a business suit [Big Grin]
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. This looks awesome. I can't wait!
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Sure as heck looks like Harry to me when you watch it frame by frame.

And it's not a very good disguise.

Lots of interesting stuff in that trailer.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
I really dont think they are shoving the Venom stuff until the end.

We can see Spiderman with the black suit inside the clocktower and then later we see him laying in bed with the spiderman costume and the black suit start engulfing him.

Then again maybe they will just make spiderman have portentious dreams about the black suit culminating with it getting him at the end.

But they also show him in the blacksuit jumping onto a train. I think perhaps they will show him defeat the black suit and then introduce Venom at the end of the movie as a main villain for the next movie.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Javert
Member # 3076

- posted      Profile for Javert   Email Javert         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by BlackBlade:
I really dont think they are shoving the Venom stuff until the end.

We can see Spiderman with the black suit inside the clocktower and then later we see him laying in bed with the spiderman costume and the black suit start engulfing him.

Then again maybe they will just make spiderman have portentious dreams about the black suit culminating with it getting him at the end.

But they also show him in the blacksuit jumping onto a train. I think perhaps they will show him defeat the black suit and then introduce Venom at the end of the movie as a main villain for the next movie.

Well, in the comics (not sure about the Ultimate version, but in the regular ones), Spider-man has the black suit for quite a long time. The whole conflict he has is what the suit is doing to him, but he doesn't realize it until he almost becomes a venom-like person himself.

<Is incredibly excited about the movie!>

Posts: 3852 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
So... who wants to see Venom? Do you? Well... I suppose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5l9fEBs4m8

This trailer isn't completely rendered. Just fast forward to 2:42 and you can thank me later.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
It got pulled for copyright reasons.
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Makes sense. Venom looks.. well.. just like venom. Big gaping jaw and all.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5108

- posted      Profile for Avatar300   Email Avatar300         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by vonk:
quote:
I'm thinking that maybe he's not even Harry
In the scene right before the LotR scene, doesn't it show one of Goblin's grenades blowing up right next to Harry's head?
In the trailer I saw it looked like Peter threw the grenade at Harry. From the trailers it looks as though Harry is indeed the Green Goblin.
Posts: 413 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.