FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Who Killed the Electric Car? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Who Killed the Electric Car?
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
The numbers on energy balance between production and ethanol production are the most optimistic I've seen. I'd like to believe they are accurate, but I'm still skeptical.

They failed to mention that methanol is highly toxic, and carcinogenic, and that it mixes easily with water. A real bad compbination for any fuel that's widely used.

They also failed to mention that biodiesel relies on methanol and lye to manufacture. That's one reason why I'm focused on using waste vegetable oil without transesterifying it. Also they failed to mention home heating, which is a substantial fraction of the energy picture.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
The electric car is dead???
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.