FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Thursday finger

Author Topic: Thursday finger
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
If I mention my "Thursday Finger" do you know which one I'm refering to? No, it's not a movie or book reference or anything like that.

(Why, yes this is kind of a silly question...)

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Ring finger?
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
This comes from the "weird associations" part of my brain, but yeah, it's the ring finger.

I don't know why I've always associated that finger with Thursday. I don't associate my pinky with Friday, or my thumb with Monday.

I do sorta see my middle finger as Wednesday, as it sticks up and Wednesday IS Humpday.

I think it's because Thursday is kinda the useless day between the middle of the week and the last of the week. And of all the fingers, the ring finger is least useful. (Not that I want to lose ANY fingers, mind you.

Yes, I know, this makes me weird...

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to guess ring finger as well. Weird.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought of Tuesday as being the useless day in the middle of the week. To me it always went like this:

Sunday- spend time at church
Monday- Maybe try to have a better week than last one. Have a good attitude and be happier. Reality then crashes in by the beginning of the day.
Tuesday- Reality has set in that you have 4 more days of crap to put up with.
Wednesday- You're halfway there.
Thursday- Tommorrow is Friday and work/school should be done.
Friday- Ah. Here comes the blessed weekend.
Saturday- weekends never turn out that great either.

All in all- I tend to hate Tuesdays more than any day of the week.

But yes- the ring finger is the most useless.

Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Guess which one of mine is the "Jersey Finger".
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Without ring fingers, where would people wear their rings?

*mutters* Weirdos.

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

lissande: The middle finger, of course. The ring finger is for weddings and the middle finger traditionally symbolizes what one does on their wedding night.

Tante: I have no clue =)

vonk
Member # 9027

- posted      Profile for vonk   Email vonk         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
middle finger traditionally symbolizes what one does on their wedding night.
I'm not sure how dirty to take this...
Posts: 2596 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
Very
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not sure how dirty to take this...
Once again...resisting temptation...must pull my mind out of the gutter...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.