FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Question for war history buffs

Author Topic: Question for war history buffs
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been curious about the terms of our cease fire with North Korea. I've done some searches about it and have only been able to find information about the creation of a demilitarized zone near the 38th parallel. So basically, I'm trying to figure out what the specific terms of the agreement were. I get the feeling I'm going to have to go to a library and dig through government documents for a few days to find this stuff out *shiver*
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SenojRetep
Member # 8614

- posted      Profile for SenojRetep   Email SenojRetep         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a link to the text of the Korean armistice agreement.

Here is a book written by US military historians on the events leading up to the armistice.

I'm not a war history buff, I just like finding information on the internet. From what I found, it seems like the central issues were the exact location of the DMZ, the repatriation of POWs, and the formation of committees to enforce the terms of the armistice.

Posts: 2926 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.