FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » But will they keep the references to Thor if Thor is dead?

Author Topic: But will they keep the references to Thor if Thor is dead?
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
"Adventures in Babysitting" gets a remake...

Huh.

Suddenly I get the feeling we'll see a remake of Home Alone before the year 2010.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
:::Slaps his cheeks:::

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, forget the wierded out Optimus Prime everyone's complaining about.

THIS is the worst intentional distortion of my childhood of the day.

And Olivia is meant to BE babysat, not to do any babysitting.

:: rocks back and forth in fetal position ::

. . . the eighties never ended the eighties never ended the eighties never ended the eighties never ended . . .

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
Nonsense. Elizabeth Shue is the babysitter and that's all there is to it. Besides, anything they try to do with the blues scene will never measure up to the original.

--ApostleRadio

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
Did anyone else have a moment of silence for The Silverblue Sun?
Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. I was worried.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I was worried too.
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
I own that movie. They might as well do a remake of The Breakfast Club.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Thor's not dead, by the way. We just saw him drop by in Fantastic Four to pick up his hammer.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stephan
Member # 7549

- posted      Profile for Stephan   Email Stephan         Edit/Delete Post 
Thor died? In the comics? Noooooooo! When I was reading comics in the early 90's that was my favorite.

Otherwise, I am a firm believer that the required time for a remake should be 30 years.

Posts: 3134 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Anna:
I was worried too.

Me too.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
Blah...I didn't like this the first time around...
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

Maybe, since this is a remake, they can use Ultimate Thor. Get all hippy-dippy and politically radical.
Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Darth Ender
Member # 7694

- posted      Profile for Darth Ender           Edit/Delete Post 
I killed Thor
Posts: 134 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

I shot the sheriff.
TheHumanTarget
Member # 7129

- posted      Profile for TheHumanTarget           Edit/Delete Post 
If I had a hammer...well...you know the rest
Posts: 1480 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boris
Member # 6935

- posted      Profile for Boris   Email Boris         Edit/Delete Post 
Raven Symone? Someone shoot me, please...
Posts: 3003 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

quote:
Originally posted by TomDavidson:
Thor's not dead, by the way. We just saw him drop by in Fantastic Four to pick up his hammer.

Some of "we" quit reading the JMS Fantastic Four run when JMS felt the need to retcon the secret origin of the ENTIRE MARVEL UNIVERSE. [Smile]

(Among other things revealing that Reed Richards is God, Susan's parent were now abusive instead of loving, and Reed intentionally turned Ben into the Thing. Yup.)

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wait. They'll all get retconned (re-retconned?) back again, eventually.

I'm enjoying his Spider-Man, but I just pretend the Gwen-was-a-tramp storyline never happened. Kinda like the whole clone era...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ssasse
Member # 9516

- posted      Profile for ssasse           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Noemon:
quote:
Originally posted by Anna:
I was worried too.

Me too.
Noemon always says what I wanted to say, but first.
Posts: 132 | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm enjoying his Spider-Man, but I just pretend the Gwen-was-a-tramp storyline never happened. Kinda like the whole clone era...
They could have had him threaten to have Peter kicked out of school if she wouldn't sleep with him, and the whole story line would have worked.

It wouldn't have been great, mind you, but it would have worked.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

Don't you guys get it? Nothing turns on a wholesome, Nancy Drew-esque Romita girl in a commited relationship like a chance to have a skeezy, illicit sex with the father of her ex-boyfriend. Who's in his forties. And has weird hair. And is abusive and cold. Prone to psychotic rages. BLEAH! BLEAH! AAAAGH!
plaid
Member # 2393

- posted      Profile for plaid   Email plaid         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone heard from Thor? (Our Thor, that is.) He hasn't posted since February...
Posts: 2911 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we'll soon find out that Electro is Aunt May's illegitimate son. [Wink]

--------

Seriously, when Wanda Maximoff comes back and wipes the Marvel Universe back to square one, I'll be interested to see what continuity -- if any -- they decide to keep.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

We already found out that Wanda is an insane murderess and that Bucky...BUCKY was really a cold-blooded assasin who got brain-washed and is still alive. [Grumble]

And I could go on and on.

Lisa
Member # 8384

Bucky had been hanging out with Jason Todd.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.