FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Trailer for The Prestige

Author Topic: The Trailer for The Prestige
Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
So, welcome to my thread, "The Trailer for The Prestige: or how I beat Puffy Treat to movie news".

Starring Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Michael Caine, David Bowie, and Scarlett Johansson. Directed by Christopher Nolan with a screenplay from himself and his brother Jonathan (Momento).

Abra cadabra.

Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

- posted      Profile for Fitz   Email Fitz         Edit/Delete Post 
This is the first I've heard of it, even though I'm a Christopher Nolan fan. He has yet to disappoint me, and this movie looks pretty damn good.
Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, that was cool.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Niiiice. Trailer. Hope the movie is at least as good. [Smile]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff Foxworthy
Member # 9573

- posted      Profile for Jeff Foxworthy   Email Jeff Foxworthy         Edit/Delete Post 
If you saw this thread title and thought, "Yup, that's why I got mine," you might be a redneck.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
YES! You just made my day! I'm a huge Chris Nolan fan, and I've been following this movie since forever.

You should have heard me rage when I heard about The Illusionist. It's Madagascar all over again, another studio trying to steal the genre by rushing a crappy production to the screen. Nolan deserves better than that, dammit.

Also, I'm calling Paul Bettany as casting for the Joker. Any bets?

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Madagascar was awesome.
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Critical opinions of the movie aside, it was Dreamworks discovering what Disney was working on, then slapping together a quick production to rake in what money there was in the genre. If it's not theft, it's damn immoral -- maybe less so for crap like The Wild, but I hate to see it done to the likes of Nolan. The guy's real quality, and shouldn't have to rush his work.

TV suffers from much the same. Fox puts together anything ABC or NBC think of in half the time they can, then sits back and listens to people complain about the copycat shows flooding television. Again, not necessarily an illegal or even egregiously diabolical move, but not one I like to see pulled on class filmmakers.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

quote:
Also, I'm calling Paul Bettany as casting for the Joker. Any bets?
There has definitely been a lot of speculation about Bettany playing the role. I think I read on IGN that Bettany said no one had contacted him about it, and that he had heard the rumors from friends, nothing official. I think he's a good actor, but I personally can't see him as the Joker.

I'm thinking Mark Hamill should play the Joker. Or, if they're going for someone younger, Crispin Glover.

Posts: 1855 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

Honestly, I can't imagine anyone doing a better job than Mark Hamill has. Were I given control of the film, I'd cast Paul Bettany to play the role and Mark Hamill to voice it -- it'd be a useful schtick to get free publicity, and is there any possible better way to portray the Joker? -- but I don't know if that pipedream'll ever come to pass.

But yeah, props to Mark. I love that guy, and my girlfriend's still fervently hoping he'll be cast for the role.

Lord Solar Macharius
Member # 7775

- posted      Profile for Lord Solar Macharius           Edit/Delete Post 
If you want to keep up to date on Joker casting and other Batman 2 news, Batman On Film is the best place to keep an eye on. It gets a lot of insider news and has really good relations with Warner Brothers. According to the webmaster Jett, he's heard that Nolan's personal favourite for the role is Australian Lachy Hulme.
Posts: 254 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I still think that Gary Oldman should have been saved to play the Joker.
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
There was a lot of buzz about The Prestige at ComicCon. It does look good, good, good. [Smile]
Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happymann
Member # 9559

- posted      Profile for happymann   Email happymann         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it'll be interesting to see Heath Ledger as the Joker.
Posts: 258 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fitz
Member # 4803

Yes, interesting indeed. I haven't seen enough of Ledger's movies to be outraged, mystified, sad, etc., though I can definitely say that he never entered my mind as a possible Joker. Maybe that's why he was cast.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.