FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » %#@$! Hackers!

Author Topic: %#@$! Hackers!
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
One just vandalized one of my favorite boards http://www.ghoststudy.com/ and a bunch of others. They know who he is and I hope they throw him in jail with real bad mean dudes.
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
I originally thought that it was "Hatrackers", and wondered if we were engaged in a war, similar to our last offensive against the Grobanites.
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I misread it in the same way, Jahi.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
*starts constructing virtual trebuchets*
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I thought it was Hatrackers untill Jhai pointed that out.
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
Me too.
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
Ditto, and I was all excited too, I went and grabed my virtual pitchfork and torch, and I get back and... nothing [Frown]

I wanted to throw some virtual bricks.

now I just have to settle for video game violence. It's just not the same!

Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

- posted      Profile for Uprooted   Email Uprooted         Edit/Delete Post 
Me too! What's up with us Hatrackers anyway?

Reminds me of the thread about Ender being a photic sneezer (can't remember which side it was on), which was generally misread as philotic sneezer!

Sneezer is one of those words that gets weirder and weirder as you say it or think about it.

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shawshank
Member # 8453

- posted      Profile for Shawshank   Email Shawshank         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it said Hatracker as well.
Posts: 980 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't. ha!

/really

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
sneezer sneezer sneezer that's totally not a word!
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
I read it as Hackers at first but then forgot later and reread it as Hatrackers. Upon a double take I read it correctly for the second time.

You know... we could always just go wage war on the folks over at the Terry Goodkind forums:

http://www.prophets-inc.com/forums/

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

- posted      Profile for CoriSCapnSkip   Email CoriSCapnSkip         Edit/Delete Post 
They hit a lot of gaming forums, too. I say we hit back!
Posts: 91 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:

[ROFL] It's 4 in the morning, and I just couldn't stop laughing at that line. Heck. I'm still laughing!

Oh, and I read it at Hatrackers as well. JT, can I help with that trebuchet?

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
After also misreading the title of the thread, I have been paying special attention to all the other threads with the word "Hatrackers" in the title, so as to no tmake the same mistake twice.
Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tatiana:

How about "mortgagor"?

I just received a letter referring to me as one. Since "Mortgagor" sounds to me like the name of a monster, possibly from the Masters of the Universe universe, I was a bit offended at first!

I looked it up online, and it turns out that "mortgagor" is the primary spelling, and "mortgager" the secondary one, but they are ponounced similarly. That's right: the G in GOR is soft!

O_O

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dantesparadigm
Member # 8756

- posted      Profile for dantesparadigm           Edit/Delete Post 
I am the mort-gagor of the dark forest Isyliazac, give me your gold or I shall crush you with my slimey tentacles!
Posts: 959 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
We waged a war once? Cool! Let's declare war on someone else and conquer their forum!

I say we take Ornery, and make it a Hatrack vacation get-away spot. We'll replace their serious political threads with fluff and force them to serve us.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jhai
Member # 5633

- posted      Profile for Jhai   Email Jhai         Edit/Delete Post 
Joldo - see the Josh Groban thread I bumped. It was less a war and more a prank of Jon Boy's that got out of hand...
Posts: 2409 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

The weird thing is, that Josh Groban thread you bumped was started by Trogdor the Burninator, and Trogdor is exactly what I thought of when I read Icarus's post about Mortgagor sounding like a monster name (which it definitely does).

Cori, sorry to hijack your thread . . .

Posts: 3149 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

Oh. Well then. Um.

Can we still annex Ornery? I built siege weapons!

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

Only if you have a swordapult.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Juxtapose
Member # 8837

- posted      Profile for Juxtapose   Email Juxtapose         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

Sneezer is one of those words that gets weirder and weirder as you say it or think about it.

I'm actually pretty firmly convinced all words fall into this category.
Posts: 2907 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
going
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

Does that rhyme with boing?
Joldo
Member # 6991

I have a knifapault. Will that work?
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Uprooted:
Does that rhyme with boing?

Boeing.

Skiing

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
this thread makes no sense to me at all, but i still felt like posting in it, also a swordapult sounds cool
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

quote:
Originally posted by Joldo:
I have a knifapault. Will that work?

Yes, but swordapults are cooler.
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Wouldn't it become a javelinapult? I mean, swords don't have good aerodynamic properties when used as projectiles, do they?

On the other hand, neither do cats....

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Marek!! [Wave]
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
On the other hand, neither do cats....
Sure they do, just only when they are using themselves as projectiles. Now when you're trying to force one into becoming a projectile, well, you'll find their aerodynamic qualities decline quite rapidly.
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Uprooted
Member # 8353

*giggles at visual of hissing, clawing, writhing feline being flung through the air*

Thus a new phrase is born: "It's like hurling cats."

CoriSCapnSkip
Member # 9153

My cats occasionally hurl, which makes me feel like hurling them.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.