FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Trailer.

Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica Season 3 Trailer.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP9HB76Y

I only say this because I found this on the Sci-Fi message boards, and it took me 5 minutes to figure this out.

I give you fair warning, though. This shows more than you would think from a "teaser" trailer.

First, if it redirects you to a different site, there will be something that says "click here to continue to megaupload.

Second, it will say "please enter *** here: ______ Download" Enter in the three letters and click on download.

Third, wait 45 seconds, and then there will be something that says "Download" where the numbers were counting down.

Fourth, watch the trailer.

Fifth: Pick up the pieces of your brain, cause this is going to blow your mind.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok Major spoilers in this trailer if you watch it over and over again.

First-

Cally has her baby as seen with the chief holding the baby with her in the back ground. Then there is a huge shootout on a lake, from the looks of it, with Cally involved.

Second-

The cylon baby is starbucks!?!??!?!?!?!? That doesn't make sense! If it was Helo as the father and her as the mother then where did this super healing blood baby come from in the second season? Unless there are now two cylon babies, or worse, and entire populus of cylon babies with Kara as the mother of all of them.

Third-

Tigh had his eye gouged out, it looks like. Also has a bushy beard.

Fourth-

There will be some who oppose the cylons, some who approve.

Fifth-

Starbuck will shoot Baltar. Good.

6th-

Either Starbuck gets put in a prison, or someone she knows gets put in a prison.

7th-

Adama still rules.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
You know what I like most about this show?

It moves. Aggressively.

The situation changes every season, whereas in other shows, you might find out a piece of the overall puzzle over the course of several episodes.

Example: The 4400. It's a great show -- but it doesn't seem to go anywhere, and the plots sometimes revolve around restoring the status quo when it does.

--j_k, who will resume his search for scattered brain specks tomorrow

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The cylon baby is starbucks!?!??!?!?!?!? That doesn't make sense! If it was Helo as the father and her as the mother then where did this super healing blood baby come from in the second season? Unless there are now two cylon babies, or worse, and entire populus of cylon babies with Kara as the mother of all of them.
Remember, they took her ovaries in The Farm. Maybe they were involved in deciphering the various human abilities the Cylons couldn't figure out.

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup. I so called that. And I really really hope it's hers and not some Cylon trick. Then again, coming to Kara from Leoben, I doubt it's any kind of trick. WOO!!!!!

I really hope Tigh gets some sort of sweet eyepatch. And a pegleg... kidding. I do, however, think it's awesome that he'll be at the forefront of the resistance.

The Three/Six interactions look amazing, but that's to be completely expected.

I am really fracking excited. Can't it be October yet??

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
I was taking the "Kara in jail" clips as something metaphorical. Like she feels imprisoned by life on the planet or her relationship with Anders.

And if Six can consider Maya (Helo and Sharon's baby) hers and Gaius's, there's no reason the comment to Kara wasn't more of the same. Maybe the guy was demanding she raise the kid for the Cylons.

Unless the Cylons keep her in jail until she agrees to raise the kid?

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice. Thanks for the link.

October seems so far off...... We'll be in the middle of football season by then!

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lisa
Member # 8384

- posted      Profile for Lisa   Email Lisa         Edit/Delete Post 
It was really nice to see Sharon talking with Adama that way. Everything is going to be different now.

I never understood how Sharon and the abused #6 were willing to be a part of the last scene in the finally to begin with. The thing about love between #6 and Lucy Lawless's character was great.

Posts: 12266 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alcon
Member # 6645

- posted      Profile for Alcon   Email Alcon         Edit/Delete Post 
HOLY CRAP!!!

That looks amazing! I can't wait! Man... October is way too far away.

Posts: 3295 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
if anyone finds this online somewhere please post it here. I would love to see it again.

Youtube has something called the season 3 trailer, but it was posted 3 months ago and it didnt load so I doubt that it is legit.

Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Theres one on YouTube, but its terrible quality. When I get home (currently at work), I can just email you the file. (about 5 hours)
Foust
Member # 3043

- posted      Profile for Foust   Email Foust         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I think BSG is going to prove it can hang with the big boys - DS9, B5, etc.
Posts: 1515 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, BSG has already surpassed DS9, and it's on pace to surpass B5 if it remains even half as good as it is so far!

As for the trailer, it's hard to say anything for certain given that as with all trailers, the scenes have been carefully selected and taken out of their proper context. For instance, we don't know if Tight has actually lost an eye, or if it's just injured. Nor can we tell if Baltar is shot. And forgive me if this is a stupid question, but how do we know that "Kara's child" is actually Sharon and Helo's? It seems far more likely to be a different child that was produced from her ovaries or whatever they took from her.

Awesome preview though! [Smile]

Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PUNJABEE
Member # 7359

- posted      Profile for PUNJABEE   Email PUNJABEE         Edit/Delete Post 
I never got into DS9. It was so lame at the beginning that I stopped watching it. I know it got supposedly better later on in the series with the Founders and stuff, but I never liked it.

I just couldn't stand Sisko's severe over-over-over acting.

Now, Babylon 5.... *shudder* such a storyline. =)

Posts: 317 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Babylon 5 managed to capture humor, sarcastic wit, drama, and sadness in nearly equal parts. Which is why I'm so fond of the series as a whole.

Battlestar Galactica is a heavy hitter on the latter two, but the former two are a bit sparse or absent. I love BSG as good television, but I doubt it'll be my favorite sci-fi series in the end.

But season 3 awaits... I agree that october needs to hurry.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
neo-dragon
Member # 7168

- posted      Profile for neo-dragon           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know... I think that Baltar has managed to capture the first two all on his own quite a few times. Some of my favourite Baltar moments include the time in season one when he told off both the president and number 6 at the same time, and ended by saying "and that goes for BOTH of you!" and 6 and Roslyn stand there looking confused and say "both of us?" at the same time. There was also the time when he first ran his cylon test on Sharon, and panicked when he saw that it was red, so he changed it to green and exclaimed, "It's green! And what a lovely, bright shade of green too!" as he was obviously quite frightened. And who could forget the time when a real flesh and blood #6 came to Galactica and accused Baltar of being a traitor. That whole episode was funny, especially when he first saw her and didn't realize that everyone else could too!
Posts: 1569 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Damien.m
Member # 8462

- posted      Profile for Damien.m   Email Damien.m         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG.....three months....THREE FRACKIN MONTHS!!!!
Posts: 243 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Angiomorphism
Member # 8184

- posted      Profile for Angiomorphism           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Architraz Warden:
Babylon 5 managed to capture humor, sarcastic wit, drama, and sadness in nearly equal parts. Which is why I'm so fond of the series as a whole.

*cough* stargate SG-1 *cough*

but I love BSG too, and I totally agree with the Baltar comments, his nervousness makes me laugh sometimes too.

Posts: 441 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Architraz Warden
Member # 4285

- posted      Profile for Architraz Warden   Email Architraz Warden         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Stargate SG-1 is good at the whole spectrum, as was Farscape and Firefly.

The rant you're talking about with Six and Roslynn, I believe the phrase he got them to repeat after was "I'm not your plaything!". He does have some quirky and entertaining moments, but mostly his character makes me wonder how long I could put up with that before I cycled myself out of an airlock. I'm betting that's some of the motivation behind the writers of his character, and probably will play some part in his salvation. If he is given one.

Posts: 1368 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
I just finished up season 2 right now, and I am pissed.

I don't want to wait until October!!!!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it October yet?
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.