FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Fun with the Car at 3 AM

Author Topic: Fun with the Car at 3 AM
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
This is double xp weekend on City of Heroes/Villains. So Chet and I went over to a friend's so we could all hang out, and they could play while I napped on the couch. About 3am, we leave to go home. And the car died.

So Chet got to push the car far enough up the hill that we could pull off onto the sidewalk since the major roads here have no shoulder. We walked down to the gas station which wasn't so bad, just a bit muggy, and called the above mentioned friend for a ride home. We were passed by 30 cars, three cops,a nd the guy delivering the newspapers to the gas station and not one person asked if we were ok. Apparently, no one cares at 3 am.

My favorite part is when we got home to call the tow truck. We're trying to give them directions, but we don't know exactly where it is. "It's on Magnolia between Miccosukee and Tennessee. It's the Honda on the sidewalk, you can't miss it." They seemed to think they could.

I'm hoping it's just the CV Joints. I've known they were going for a while now, and I have the money put back to replace those. However, the way the engine kept reving but the car failed to move, I'm concerned it might be the transmission. I hope it isn't. I just replaced that last year when I got the car.

Anyway, we're all safe, if a bit tired. The dog thought it was a wonderful adventure. She smelled many new smells and ran around. All in all, not the worst thing that could happen in the car at 3 am.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
If it was the CV joints then the engine wouldn't more the car. You might have messed up your driveshaft though....that happened to me because I waited too long to fix the CV joints on my truck.

CV joints were about $40-60. My newly rebuilt driveshaft cost about $400. [Frown]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nighthawk
Member # 4176

- posted      Profile for Nighthawk   Email Nighthawk         Edit/Delete Post 
If it was the CV joints you'd have a hard time pushing it, too.
Posts: 3486 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AvidReader
Member # 6007

- posted      Profile for AvidReader   Email AvidReader         Edit/Delete Post 
Thaanks, Kwea and Nighthawk.

It's probably something important. I never get out of the shop for less than $700.

I knew the wheels could fall off if I didn't fix the CV joints. I didn't know it could hurt the driveshaft. I'll remember that next time.

Posts: 2283 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.