FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So*..................... how hot is it where you are? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So*..................... how hot is it where you are?
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I've spent the last week or so in a 130 degree (at it's cooler parts) kitchen at work. The best part of my day is the 30 or so seconds I get to spend in the walk in freezer looking for ranch dressing.

And I'm not even a cook, they stand for hours on end over open flames.

By the way, anyone thinking about going out to a restaurant to cool off when it's hot...just remember that the cooks sweat too, and when over multihundred degree glames, they sweat a LOT. Put the pieces together there and mayhaps you will reconsider your eating out habits when there's a heatwave on.

It's always hotter somewhere else.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cmc
Member # 9549

- posted      Profile for cmc   Email cmc         Edit/Delete Post 
A little bit late but the woman at the Sox game had a preexisting heart condition.
Posts: 1355 | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Glenn Arnold
Member # 3192

- posted      Profile for Glenn Arnold   Email Glenn Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Lyrhawn,

Yeah, no kidding. You should try installing a burner into a hole in the bottom of the regenerator of a glass furnace. Radiant remperature coming out of the hole is about 2800F. Skin temperature of the furnace is about 600F. Air temperature is irrelevant. The only way to survive is wear a lot of clothing, get the job done fast and get the hell out of there.

Speaking of Hell, the inside of a glass furnace is probably the closest approximation of "the lake of fire" ever made.

Posts: 3735 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
And Glenn wins the thread.
Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JenniK
Member # 3939

- posted      Profile for JenniK   Email JenniK         Edit/Delete Post 
I have payed $689 in three months down here, and I live in an apartment.
Posts: 325 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.